No passive condition recovery at 4x time

ajb1978

I have a length of day multiplier set to 4x for my current run, and I've recently confirmed that there is no passive condition recovery while time passes normally.  If time passes due to an accelerated event, like harvesting a carcass, chopping firewood, or simply passing time via the radial menu, then passive condition recovery (including a birch tea bonus) happens normally.  But if you're just out and about walking around, it does not.

I tested this by letting my thirst hit zero, then passing 2 hours.  This resulted in me taking a 4% condition hit due to dehydration, as expected.  I then drank a cup of birch tea, and allowed 2 game hours to pass in real-time.  (This took 40 real minutes.)  My condition had not changed.  I then drank another cup of birch tea and passed 2 hours using the radial, and my condition was restored as I would normally expect.

I did submit a support ticket, but wanted to put this out there for anyone else that might be playing with longer days, that might be adversely affected by this and not have noticed.

Sounds like yet an other issue caused by only using single-precision floating point numbers, even when very small numbers are repeatedly added to a larger number.

There also used to be an issue a while back where some food items would never degrade on Pilgrim while the time is not accelerated, and funnily enough, it was a performance optimization that fixed worked around this issue 😀