How high must a rock be to not get pulled down to the ground by a wolf?

manolitode

Guest jeffpeng

Well I guess that's the developers telling you that hiding on rocks isn't the way you are supposed to deal with wolves any longer. Frankly, I always considered this an exploit anyways. I mean you can argue realism vs. gameplay here, but from a gameplay standpoint simply breaking path by seeking some funky elevation (rocks, fallen trees, train carts, etc) doesn't feel like it "should" work.

7 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Well I guess that's the developers telling you that hiding on rocks isn't the way you are supposed to deal with wolves any longer. 

Yeah, could be but I'm unsure whether it is intended or not. I was attempting to make the wolf run up behind me on the rock in order to jump down to create some distance instead of having him block my path. While I have been pulled down before I didn't expect it from this height. Makes me wonder whether this is intended or a bug sort of like: since the wolf is close horizontally it will ignore the vertical distance. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:46 AM, manolitode said:

the wolf is close horizontally it will ignore the vertical distance. 

It is likely. I've heard of someone who was attacked by a bear while resting at the step in the middle of a rope climbing point.

As Unity seems to have a built-in function to calculate the three dimensional distance, I hope this is the latter case.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:46 PM, manolitode said:

since the wolf is close horizontally it will ignore the vertical distance. 

Wait a second. I Had seen this rule last time in the Doom game. And I think the first one.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...