We need another HRV!!

hozz1235

I love this place!  I always look forward to making this my final zone to visit during a run.  It has everything I like:  TONS of exploration, wildlife, caves, harshness,  remoteness...

I always feel somewhat...resigned after completely mapping/exploring HRV...

Edited by hozz1235

EDIT: lol, I was thinking of Pleasant Valley lol. Cant think of a reason to go through Hushed River Valleys again. lol

I am currently back in Hushed River Valley searching the new buildings for books of matches and stump remover. It is nice. Lots of tasty easy-to-kill bears. Gonna go see if the plane crash changed the map any at the north end. Nice place, but stormy.

Edited by dahemac

34 minutes ago, dahemac said:

I am currently back in Hushed River Valley searching the new buildings for books of matches and stump remover. It is nice. Lots of tasty easy-to-kill bears. Gonna go see if the plane crash changed the map any at the north end. Nice place, but stormy.

Plane Crash?  I believe you're referring to the Mountain Town region.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Plane Crash?  I believe you're referring to the Mountain Town region.

As of the Episode 3, there's now a crash site in PV. It's another jet plane, similar to TWM. I know it's confusing, there's now 3 plane crash sites. Quite a plane magnet, Great Bear is.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:38 PM, dahemac said:

Oh boy... you got me so excited for a second there! "New stuff in HRV!?! I must go play!!"

On 2/26/2020 at 1:46 AM, hozz1235 said:

I love this place!  I always look forward to making this my final zone to visit during a run.  It has everything I like:  TONS of exploration, wildlife, caves, harshness,  remoteness...

I always feel somewhat...resigned after completely mapping/exploring HRV...

Glad to see the love for HRV, it's one of the maps I enjoy most with its rich detail and the feeling of truly living off the grid without man-made structures. However the safe subterranean area that runs across the map holds you back from improving your skills the way TWM lets you. Sure, it too has a well developed cave system but with HRV you can basically run around in the tunnels like a cavetroll and stick your head up once in a while to gather a concentration of valuable resources and throw yourself right back down. I'd like to see something different in the upcoming added maps. While I too look forward to another remote area I would hope that it's something with very limited, if any, shelters. A map that truly challenge our survival skills, now that we have a map that truly challenge our bowhunting skills. 

Edited by manolitode
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng
On 3/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, Azdrawee said:

I think it's good that it's in the game, but honestly, I barely venture there. It's not worth it.

Only ignorant Stalkers can say that.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:50 PM, BareSkin said:

I HATE HRV. All this "forbidden if you don't have a hatchet" thing just feels ridiculous. However I think it could be my best map without this design choice.

The true fun in HRV is to NOT bring a hatchet and STILL make it past the brushes :D And yes, you can bypass every important road block in some way. You can get to and away from every important place if you just know how. That being said ... because you can, it begs the question how sensible this design choice actually is. It feels artifical and overly harsh on Interlopers, plus it (again .....) puts emphasis on beating mechanics of the game rather than the game itself.

Edited by jeffpeng

• 3 weeks later...