Offroad

Looking for a reliable vehicle that is easy to fix.  There were many different types of vehicles that made the list.   Bought a 94 ZJ and after watching some offroading videos I am starting to realize that my choice was decent.  These vehicles are great offroad and I was just looking for a daily driver. 

b268de5958059a868829cfd067b43e7a.jpg

Now I am considering bringing mine over to the pits and climb around with my mechanical Goat.

Been working on the jeep.  Replaced the power steering pulley and serpentine belt.  Go and crank the engine, the belt falls off and the radiator fan's blades are hitting the harmonic balancer aka crankcase pulley.  So I have to negotiate the pulley back in place.  Just trying to start this used jeeep to see what else is wrong is becoming taxing.

The more I work on the jeep the more I have a fondness to go play in the mud.

Love the Sherp.  Be the Sherp.

When I was young I fell into a mud hole up to my armpits.  Mom freaked when I got home.  Took off all the muddy clothes right at the door.

• 1 month later...

My Spring Jeep is the greatest simulator of all time.  The plot is straightforward.  Faced with economic collapse that spread rapidly through Europe.  America initially cut-off from the world and residents were forced to become self-sufficient. Later, supplies were manufactured locally and brought throughout the mainland, and haulers trucked between those who welcomed the supplies and those who supported continued self-sufficiency.  The Jeep, old and broken down, has to be repaired.  Vehicle replacement parts are scarce and the task of finding resources to re-assemble the jeep makes this an interesting endeavor. 

Looking at the old Jeep for a weak frame was paramount.  The inspection reveals no major problems.  There is rust around the bottom of the passenger door and both rocker panels.  These will need repair but is not much of an issue.  Open the hood and the engine appears oily.  The crank case bypass hose is missing.

The keys usually would cause the engine to turn over.  Battery was weak and needed to be charged.  Clean the posts and with a charged Battery still no crank. Sometimes with stuff that sit around it will get seized.  Turn the engine by cranking on the Crankshaft, and it turns.  The Harmonic Balancer looks beat though and since the serpentine belt is missing it does not matter much.  Try turning the keys. cranks over sluggishly.  Then no crank.

Battery will be the first item to search out.