Let's play the screenshot game again

jhickie

On 2/23/2020 at 8:51 AM, stratvox said:

screen_b745e918-d9bb-4b04-8945-10b31f764657_hi.thumb.png.251b5a7e440121a4daf0f61f572df792.png

Nice spot in the wintertime because there's no mosquitos.

Would this be the cave uphill from Spence's in FM?

I'm surprised nobody's taken a shot at that boulder I posted up top.. it's a unique rock. Here's a hint.. there's a bear cave nearby :fire:

Edited by jhickie

1 hour ago, jhickie said:

I'm surprised nobody's taken a shot at that boulder I posted up top.. it's a unique rock. Here's a hint.. there's a bear cave nearby :fire:

Not a clue but I'll give it a go 😊 rock is in the center of the triangle that makes camp office/max's last stand/trapper's cabin?

Can you name the region where the screenshot below was taken? And the closest location?

The Long Dark_20200222212819.jpg

2 hours ago, manolitode said:

Can you name the region where the screenshot below was taken? And the closest location?

The Long Dark_20200222212819.jpg

Wow.. that's a tough one. Not many landmarks to go on, plus it's at night! No idea, but it looks like one of the wild regions.. HRV or TWM? Hmm.. could it be the Summit?

2 hours ago, manolitode said:

Not a clue but I'll give it a go 😊 rock is in the center of the triangle that makes camp office/max's last stand/trapper's cabin?

I believe you're referring to the Deadfall area? Close! The pic was indeed taken in ML, just near a different bear cave.

9 hours ago, jhickie said:

Wow.. that's a tough one. Not many landmarks to go on, plus it's at night! No idea, but it looks like one of the wild regions.. HRV or TWM? Hmm.. could it be the Summit?

It ain't the summit, it ain't the climb

It's more of a gusttorn vast kind of clime

And the yard has a guard with whom we've all sparred

Hope that made it simpler, since the picture was hard

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stratvox said:

Right general area, wrong cave. It's the cave between Spence's and the cave that now runs down to BI.

Ahh, of course! I haven't spent a lot of time in BI, but I used to stay in that cave all the time when it was just a shallow cave. Good one.

9 hours ago, manolitode said:

It ain't the summit, it ain't the climb

It's more of a gusttorn vast kind of clime

And the yard has a guard with whom we've all sparred

Hope that made it simpler, since the picture was hard

Sounds like BI to me, but I've only been there a couple of times so I'm totally clueless as to where that pic is exactly. 

Threw you a like for that poem, very witty and gave me a chuckle :)

2 hours ago, jhickie said:

Sounds like BI to me, but I've only been there a couple of times so I'm totally clueless as to where that pic is exactly. 

Threw you a like for that poem, very witty and gave me a chuckle :)

Cheers, it's tricky this one but we've all been there recently, it's PV ☺️ Close to Thomson's crossing, more precisely if you walk from contemplation bridge and stop where the trail starts to your right and there's that rock on your left hand side with the crashed pickup. Right there, face left and imbibe the moonlight.

Edited by manolitode

4 hours ago, jhickie said:

I have more! I always have more. :)

This one's not too hard.

305620_screenshots_20190907090539_1.thumb.jpg.fcf5ba16adc9679fb69d19334ea87025.jpg

This one is.

305620_screenshots_20190819170432_1.thumb.jpg.0a76e44cbc0383088aaaa2c6777ad25d.jpg

is the first Mystery Lake down the hill from the bunker on the far right as you leave the dam?

is the second Forlorn Muskeg on the shelf?

To be clear, I’m not suggesting there’s a Nazi bunker in TLD.

@Daymo with the second pic, it's in FM on the area above the train tracks near the cave to BR. Not sure if that was what you were going for, but it sounded like it!

@stratvox yep, the camp in HRV above the ice cave. Nice!

4 hours ago, stratvox said:

screen_cbee3686-e68f-4f6f-b7ba-2421ebe4e14b_hi.thumb.png.3a3ab2e58ce2e4638cd0e5519a9b1086.png

Anyone able to tell me where this is?

Tough one! I like it. Hmm.. Seems like one of those regions with a traversable corridor.. like the spot approaching TWM. Nah, too wide. Maybe one of the pathways up, say between the wing and the deer clearing? I don't know.. it could easily be something like the path to the signal fire in HRV. Basically, I have no idea lol.

On a side note: I've been noticing how pretty everyone else's screenshots look with no UI to get in the way. I play in Steam and usually take screenshots using the Steam hotkey, but after looking into my game settings a bit more I noticed a key for clean screenshots with no UI. I'm sorry for defiling this wonderful forum with my peasant screenshots, and promise to clean them up for future posts!

9 hours ago, jhickie said:

I play in Steam and usually take screenshots using the Steam hotkey, but after looking into my game settings a bit more I noticed a key for clean screenshots with no UI. I'm sorry for defiling this wonderful forum with my peasant screenshots,

Dude, if someone gets upset over that, then they're not really worth getting upset over.

14 hours ago, stratvox said:

Dude, if someone gets upset over that, then they're not really worth getting upset over.

Hah, no doubt. This forum is so much nicer than the Steam forums though, which aren't bad to begin with. I feel there's a certain level of decorum here that needs to be supported. Was just horsing around with the peasant comment though, laying it on a little thick lol.

I was trying to get in before I got heckled about it, but I appreciate your comment.  :coffee:

I'm like, not even on the right side of Great Bear with my guesses, am I? 😄

9 hours ago, manolitode said:

Wherever you fare wherever you wander,

The night being murky, the day even darker

There's one place to rest, one place to ponder

You know where you'll find the red postbox of Barker?

The Long Dark_20200303213404.jpg

You're quite the poet!

Might this be the Barker Farm at Paradise Meadows? No idea other than that one little clue. 😁

Looks like you could use a painkiller  :painkillers:

2 hours ago, jhickie said:

Might this be the Barker Farm at Paradise Meadows? No idea other than that one little clue. 😁

Looks like you could use a painkiller  :painkillers:

That is correct! And you receive an extra point for the affliction observation 😄