Tropic location

Pyroxene

Hello Hinterland Games

Adding a new region in the tropics, for example Jamaica, would be a good dlc for the game.

In the jungle there can be jaguars and other creepy animals and there are wells from which you can extract water.

It could be a far future scene for Astrid or McKenzie.

Kind Regards

Yeah. An epilogue, with Will kickin' it on an empty sunny beach, cocktail in hand, and Astrid splashing around in the surf in a sexy bikini. She waves to Will, comes running up the beach dripping with sea water, and throws herself down onto the towel next to him.

"Grrr", she growls and grins, "I'm a hungry Timberwolf!"

"Ahahaha", goes Will, "almost forgot about those already! Well... maybe I should get out my flare..."

* They kiss, James Bond-esque music cue plays, camera zooms out to a satellite in orbit *

* Crackling voice from the off, as if broadcasting *

"Houston, this is van Lierop. Mission accomplished. I repeat: Mission accomplished."

"Van Lierop, this is Houston, copy that. We're bringing you home."

• Upvote 7

On 2/20/2020 at 7:29 PM, Hotzn said:

Yeah. An epilogue, with Will kickin' it on an empty sunny beach, cocktail in hand, and Astrid splashing around in the surf in a sexy bikini. She waves to Will, comes running up the beach dripping with sea water, and throws herself down onto the towel next to him.

"Grrr", she growls and grins, "I'm a hungry Timberwolf!"

"Ahahaha", goes Will, "almost forgot about those already! Well... maybe I should get out my flare..."

* They kiss, James Bond-esque music cue plays, camera zooms out to a satellite in orbit *

* Crackling voice from the off, as if broadcasting *

"Houston, this is van Lierop. Mission accomplished. I repeat: Mission accomplished."

"Van Lierop, this is Houston, copy that. We're bringing you home."

Credits roll, with soundtrack provided by Commander Chris Hadfield, first Canadian to walk in space and all-round living legend.

That wouldn't really be DLC, that would be a whole new game.  Not only would it require entire new models and textures, it would require retooling the weather system and subconditions, as well as swimming mechanics or how to handle water that isn't freezing cold.  Tropical conditions, being cold wouldn't be too big a concern, but heatstroke definitely would.  With hot and humid conditions, you'd blow through water insanely fast, and would need to find ways to keep yourself cool, instead of warm.  And of course, running around naked means that you're more prone to injury from the environment as well as animal attacks, not to mention you'd get wicked sunburn.  I could go on but yeah...totally different experience.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so maybe they could release a transition game between Canada and Jamaica, and then another game in Jamaica. Might never happen, but Hinterland could probably make a lot of money releasing such survival games as well - unless if most people only want polar survival games.

Guest kristaok
On 2/20/2020 at 1:27 AM, Pyroxene said:

Hello Hinterland Games

Adding a new region in the tropics, for example Jamaica, would be a good dlc for the game.

In the jungle there can be jaguars and other creepy animals and there are wells from which you can extract water.

It could be a far future scene for Astrid or McKenzie.

Kind Regards

Not gonna happen, the game is set in Canada... where it's VERY cold. ... BUT if you're into games that take place in tropical areas, check out Green Hell. I just recently got into Green Hell, and it's pretty darn good. :)

Assuming the loot tables are roughly the same and hinterland doesn't add some Troll disease system, a Long dark in a tropical area would be much easier then the long dark. Plus how Will and Astride get Jamaica. Do they use one of the canoes and row all the way down the west coast of the united states of America, past central America, through panama and to Jamaica or perhaps they would go down the Colorado, navigate a bunch of smaller frequently branching rivers, onto yellow stone , down the Missouri to the Mississippi all the way down to the gulf. Or do they go north around the entirety of North America. Also I swear I read in an interview that their next game was going to be the long dark two but, I can't seem to find it. This would be far from the first time hinterland has changed their mind though. "No supernatural elements"  Two years later Immortal bear! Two years after that Immortal deer!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, getting there would take a long time by canoe. I was more thinking that the magnetic field eventually stabilized and that they could use a steam engine to get there. But it's just an idea I came up with. Maybe it breaks the story.

Also, I would like some easier gameplay. I thought that TLD in Canada was really challenging in Wintermute, Challenges and Survival, but maybe a tropic location would be easier game, or in worst case scenario, a nightmare.