Ability to harvest cans of food for their tin cans without eating...

Morkoth4682

OK, so here's my situation...

I'm playing survival mode and I'm stuck inside the Cinder Hills Coal Mine waiting for the Aurora to return... Unfortunately I forgot to bring an empty tin can to make water with, and the only tin of food I have on my person is at 6%, which is for sure food poisoning, so I don't want to eat it, but the game does not allow me to just dump the food out and keep the can... My only two options are eat or drop...  I think it would make sense to add the option to harvest a canned food item rather than eat it...

Edited by Morkoth4682
  • Upvote 3

I'm not a fan of the idea of harvesting tin cans in general...

On 11/14/2019 at 2:56 AM, ManicManiac said:
On 11/14/2019 at 1:45 AM, ManicManiac said:

I had this on a wish list of mine, long ago... but I've since come to realize that metal is so very abundant that I'm fine with not being able to scrap cans for metal.  Considering we have had at least one player survive 10 in-game years on interloper... I feel like it's safe to say that there is no shortage of metal for long survival runs.  :) 

[Addendum]
A link to what I was referring to: 10 Year Survival Achievement

:coffee::fire:

It’s the same with not being able to sleep on a floor. I feel the game could get a pass over to add little things that people run into. Dropping sticks is another one. Throwing rocks when trying to pick up rabbits. Anyways I don’t want to get too off topic but I feel it’s all in the “We should probably be able to do X” group. 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, dahemac said:

Yes, so yes. How can eating rotten peaches be the only way to get them out of a can you need? What happens if you overcook the food in the can until it is just burnt stuff?

i believe that would work, i think they just boil off and leave you the can 

• Upvote 1