Region Transition

Ice Hole

Fast Exit or Walk Hard  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The many region transitions all have something in common, the ability to skip the exit by clicking.  How many of us do this?  Trying to shave of a few less points when freezing to death and at less than 5 percent.  The lure to enter a warm cavern pulls many.  Battery jumped into my inventory and since I have not used this click to exit feature anymore.  Just continue walking until the scene changes.  By just walking through the transition I have found another detail.  Cavern entrances can have coal and if done correctly these can be picked up.  This is the Milton to HRV transition and this time the coal was spawned just a little too far back to grab.

screen_8024b4d0-b4ff-41db-878c-29b721056cd1_hi.thumb.png.0c7eb81220da56fa52b633738269b066.png

CoalReach.thumb.gif.e9e1a3ad6b7271d79b1c1c7b1307aa7c.gif

So the click to enter is a life saver.  Whether we are being chased out of the cold or from a wild beast this click to enter a cavern is used to assist.  This option seems out of place since it is not similar to the action of opening a door to a house or vehicle.  What I am saying is there is no downturn to using this option and it is just another layer of cheese.  Do not get me wrong I do not blame anyone for using this option, it's a time saver. 

Wintermute spoiler

Unless the tremors can be detected before entering then clicking to enter might be painful.  So walking into the cavern transition would provide more distinct sound cues compared to clicking outside 

While I'm also a fan of the click to exit, sometimes I'm my own worst enemy when using it.

I've (ab)used the small bubble of wind protection around transition cave entrances to build safe camp fires. The benefit is that the fire is immune to all weather, gaining temperature bonuses as normal. The downside is that if you're not precise with your placement, it can mean that you end up constantly clicking the cave entrance instead of your fire.

The Mountain Town transition cave near Trapper's Homestead is a good example of this. Great spot to build a cooking fire.