Any way to change the color of the aiming marker?

Drummerman74

So, I'm getting pretty good at hitting rabbits with the stones. However, the snow is white, the rabbit is white, and the aiming marker is white! I find it very difficult to see the aiming marker when there is a white background. I know it's a long shot but is there any way to change it?

4 hours ago, Drummerman74 said:

So, I'm getting pretty good at hitting rabbits with the stones. However, the snow is white, the rabbit is white, and the aiming marker is white! I find it very difficult to see the aiming marker when there is a white background. I know it's a long shot but is there any way to change it?

Besides putting a piece of tape on your screen? Nope.

If Hinterland Studios were similar to others in their industry it would be a micro transaction.

Seriously though do not put a sticker onto your screen for aiming assistance in The Long Dark.

Instead what you need is fishing line and sticky tack.  Place the four sticky tack balls onto the monitor bezel midsecton then use the fishing line to create the horizontal and vertical lines and form a cross that intersects the centre of the screen.  This hack was used employed by first gen shooters to gain the advantage of no scope sniping.  I do not condone using this technique in The Long Dark but go ahead and use it in speedrunning Goldenye or to snipe Ninja.

4 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

If Hinterland Studios were similar to others in their industry it would be a micro transaction.

Hinterland: You paid $10 for this game 6 years ago?  Cool, here's every update ever, complimentary.

EA: You paid $70 for this game 8 minutes ago?  Cool.  If you want to reload your guns, that'll be another $30.

• Upvote 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:55 AM, ajb1978 said:

Hinterland: You paid $10 for this game 6 years ago?  Cool, here's every update ever, complimentary.

EA: You paid $70 for this game 8 minutes ago?  Cool.  If you want to reload your guns, that'll be another $30.

Bethesda: You paid $90 for this game today? Cool, we'll leave it to the modders to fix our bugs.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

@ajb1978 @Jimmy Why I don't buy AAA anymore in a nutshell. Indie only. I haven't been disappointed.

Ehhhhh.... Yeah, I tend to agree that AAA gaming has taking a bit of a slide in quality in the last couple years, but there are always good games like RDR2 or GTA that I haven't been disappointed by. Indie Games can be kind of a mixed bag, simply because the genre includes so much. You find amazing games like TLD, or games that you need infinite patience/slight drunkenness to play, like My Summer Car, or thought provoking games like the Stanley Parable. And of course, you could find a flaming pile of garbage. 

People have a lot of ideas.

Edited by EjectedCasings