stefoid666

advice needed for interloper (my best game yet)

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Mountain Town is more or less just a transition zone

Can you tell what is the thing to call some place "just a tranzition zone"? I have never understand it. By that logic every region is just a tranzition zone.

13 hours ago, Makex said:

Can you tell what is the thing to call some place "just a tranzition zone"? I have never understand it. By that logic every region is just a tranzition zone.

I use it to describe a map that doesn't contain defining features that make it a superior choice for a permanent base compared to other locations, therefore being a temporary area you move through and loot before going somewhere else.

That's not to say there isn't decent loot available here. Plenty of natural resources can be gathered and there's abundant rabbit groves within easy walking distance of major safe zones. The weather isn't as awful as Pleasant Valley, either. But there isn't anything I can point to that would be unique about this region compared to others.

No fishing and no beach combing puts it behind Coastal Highway. No milling machine, ammunition workbench, or outdoor six-burner stove puts it behind Bleak Inlet. No wolf-free region puts it behind the Ravine.

What the region does have in abundance is loot. I think it's a great place to spend a few days searching through the buildings, before taking the best stuff somewhere else. I usually loot Milton before hitting Hushed River Valley, then take whatever valuables I find back to Carter Hydro Dam for a Ravine retirement.