Frustrating

Shaun1981

I don't understand how they can have a disk version out... But still be working on the DLC like they don't know what's going to happen if anybody knows about episode 4 please let me know I have been waiting to finish this game since 2017 feels like 2014 that's how long it's been

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shaun1981 said:

I don't understand how they can have a disk version out... But still be working on the DLC like they don't know what's going to happen if anybody knows about episode 4 please let me know I have been waiting to finish this game since 2017 feels like 2014 that's how long it's been

I understand that it feels like a long wait if you mainly play story mode. It sounds like you enjoy the game quite alot, I highly recommend giving survival mode a shot in case you haven't tried it yet. That's many hours of fun if it's your cup of tea :) You could be up for a few years wait til next episode since that's what happened between episode 2 and 3, we might to wait a while til a release date is published. There's been a great deal of improvements made since 2017 like new regions, mechanics, interface etc. 

• Like 1

Well, I have been with this game since the later end of 2014...  Personally I'm grateful that Hinterland chose to give us access to this wonderful world while they continue to expand and improve it. 

Each major update always brings new content and even more refinement to the systems, mechanics, and environments.  For those who might complain about the episodic releases of Wintermute: if we had to wait until all 5 episodes were completed before they gave us access to the game... we may have never gotten a chance to experience this game at all.

I mean it's just a thought... but I imagine there are plenty of ambitious games like this that never got to see the light of day (because projects ran out of money or any number of other factors in the market/game industry in general).

I think it's better to be thankful that we have this game, and that Hinterland is do dedicated to the vision they have for it... rather than griping that they haven't done it fast enough.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, ManicManiac said:

¬¬ Not today "Dum_Gen"

I just don't have time for anyone's passive-aggressive nonsense today. :D

Well, given the username...

In any case, I didn't really get into the game for story mode in the first place. In fact, I dislike many parts about how many restrictions there are in Story Mode, especially with crafting. To me, the game's already complete with Survival Mode, and the stuff the team add every few months is just a bonus.

• Upvote 4

On 2/15/2020 at 1:29 AM, Dum_Gen said:

And don't you dare to critisize them. They did not specify release date, so they can take whatever time they want. Doesn't matter, if you will need to buy another computer/console, because the one that you own will be obsolete when new episodes will be released.

Feel free to share any thoughtful criticism, it's a forum with diverse opinions. Again, I understand that it's been a long wait when you're eager to solve Astrid and Mackenzie's mystery. As for timberwolves much can be said but we'll find ways to handle them and with practice, eventually what seemed impossible becomes doable. It's supposed to be a difficult game after all. 

On 2/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, Jimmy said:

To me, the game's already complete with Survival Mode

Wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by manolitode
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I bought the game pretty much entirely for the story. I in fact, Kickstarted the game because of the story.

I've been coming around occasionally for years now, asking about episodes 4 and 5. I expect to be coming around for years more.

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok
On 2/14/2020 at 6:46 PM, ManicManiac said:

¬¬ Not today "Dum_Gen"

I just don't have time for anyone's passive-aggressive nonsense today. :D

Same. I gotta keep my cool though the best I can. But I been feeling so on edge lately like I'll snap. <.< 

But yea Episode 4 and 5 are the least of my worries right now.