magic tea cups why?

peepercreeper

Okay, so when you make reishi, rose hip or birch bark tea you just get them in tea cups...how and why? why not just make them stay in the recycled can like when you cook canned foods?

i find that being able to carry like 25 of them at a time is ridiculous, who carries a tea cup with liquid inside it in a back pack?!

• Upvote 1

Cups of teas and coffee far predated the implementation of New Cooking which introduced the need for a pot or recycled can to make water or brew teas and coffee.   All very much a simplification of the game for the purpose of game-play, and they made quite a few simplifications,  in story mode which was the original objective of the sandbox mode that became survival mode.  

2 hours ago, peepercreeper said:

who carries a tea cup with liquid inside it in a back pack?!

The same dude who carries an infinite amount of empty plastic waterbottles in his backpack and is able to convert air into pure snow by any indoor stove. 😉

I get that it's another realism issue, suppose you could around it by not carrying more than 1-2 cooked teas? Not much reason to carry loads.

I kinda see it as plastic bottles are everywhere so you can just use them. They're also light enough that carrying some would be trivial so not bothering with it makes sense to me.

As to the cups of tea I also see it as you could just keep it in the bottles but it happens to be a cup graphic. I think for me it doesn't bother me because changing the graphic doesn't change the gameplay. Now if you want to talk to me about how many calories you're getting from tea and other things that's something I have opinions on, but I will need to wait for modding support before that gets changed.