The Ultimate Archivist

GothSkunk

Finally, at long last...

Archivist1.thumb.jpg.6ef8fca45012f4b64d1b728ea8e9589c.jpgArchivist2.thumb.jpg.901e24491c9fb7a607984dfff1f3de75.jpg

I started this run in May of 2019, and I just finally collected my last buffer memory this morning.

I played a custom setting I call "Stalker++". Code is here, if you want it: Code: 8kmY-nmpa-KBof-DSyG-LgEA

Features:

All settings are set to Stalker, with a few exceptions.

Calorie needs are Interloper level

Interloper gear spawns

Rifle spawns

Condition Recovery is set to the slowest possible regeneration rate.

The new wolf AI really made this a challenge in the latter end. Because I could no longer rely on decoys, I got into a lot more wolf struggles. And since the quantity of wolves is the same as what you'd expect from Stalker, you can expect to cross paths with them a lot! It takes multiple days to recover from even a single wolf attack.

I'm still alive in this game. Desperately need new knives, which is what I'm going to work towards now.

• Upvote 1

Very nice, @GothSkunk. I have a 590 day Loper run on ice right now that I'd really like to get back to, but I'm currently enjoying my best DMC run ever right now. 700+ Days is very impressive! It gets pretty grindy after that long, but I hope to get my run to 1000 days one day. Just clearing resources and occasionally beachcombing. Maybe I'll jump back in now that I'm used to the new wolves, and do a little wolf hunting.

One thing I'm confused about though... 71/31? Been a while since I got this achievement, but I don't remember that lol.

Congrats on your run. :coffee:

10 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

Hinterland added 40 additional buffer memories from the initial 31 after bringing in the Archivist challenge. They just haven't updated the numbers to reflect it.

Well, I'll just consider myself lucky that I got the achievement when there was only 31 to find! That's quite an increase.

2 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

The challenge is significantly easier than what I did. The Archivist challenge only requires you to get one buffer memory from each location.

I collected them all, in a survival mode game.

Oops.. that's right. I haven't earned an achievement in so long, I'm getting things mixed up. Archivist was a challenge that only required a handful of locations. Finding all of them in a survival game is another accomplishment entirely. Well done.

My mistake.. I'm just going to go back to my Loper run and stop confusing myself lol