Add some inuit charactors?

enewmen

It seems to me there should be some Inuits or people living content without off the grid without guns, gas, and electricity - but still feel the effects of the extreme cold (even for winter) and the unusual wildlife behavior.   I think of Inuit when I think of (very) remote Canada.

Are the forest talkers Inuits?  Maybe not if the hunting lodge is the headquarters.

Maybe native Inuits should be much farther north in Canada and not found in Great Bear.

While most people that depend on guns/gas/electric are suffering, people that already adapted (like the trapper, but more-so) to that life-style may be able to offer a lot of help and advice.

Just thinking some of characters that can be added to the story. There is still time for Episode 4 & 5.

I hope the big-tough trapper expects trouble at the hydro dam and saves Mackenzie at the end of episode 2.  The trapper gets mauled by bears and survives,and  handling a convict should be nothing for him.  Anyway, just thinking.

BTW, unrelated, I found my first moose carcass in Hushed River Valley.  This is after clearing out all maps 2 times and currently checking all maps after episode 3 came out (all on Stalker). A rare find with a moose hide and 35kg of meat!

Untitled.png

Edited by enewmen
  • Upvote 1

Wrong part of the world for Innu (N.B - Innu are the people, Inuit is the language). This game is more-or-less set around the Haida Gwaii, not the Arctic Archipelago. The First Nation that lives in that part of BC are the Haida.

Easy way to think about this, actually... where the Innu live is far too far north for trees to be able to exist at all.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, stratvox said:

Wrong part of the world for Innu (N.B - Innu are the people, Inuit is the language). This game is more-or-less set around the Haida Gwaii, not the Arctic Archipelago. The First Nation that lives in that part of BC are the Haida.

Easy way to think about this, actually... where the Innu live is far too far north for trees to be able to exist at all.

Indeed, finding them in this region would be...

...counter-inuit-ive.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, stratvox said:

Thanks for correcting the terminology. Haida was the word I was looking for.  Still a little surprised there is very little discussion in this area or  people living comfortably off the grid in winter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haida_people

:D I always kind of imagined the "Forest Talkers" to just be a group of well intentioned (if not a bit misguided) granola hipster/neo-hippy type "eco activists"... :D  Especially after listening to the injured one that was hole-up at the Lake Cabins.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

:D I always kind of imagined the "Forest Talkers" to just be a group of well intentioned (if not a bit misguided) granola hipster/neo-hippy type "eco activists"... :D  Especially after listening to the injured one that was hole-up at the Lake Cabins.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I think that's exactly what they were, but it seems their experience of being exploited by the mainland and left for dead after the Collapse seems to have strengthened their resolve and radicalized them into something a little more dangerous. 

As for the main topic, I think Astrid seems to be at least partially related to the natives? I may be jumping to conclusions though. Or maybe they're use is being avoided to prevent representing them incorrectly or being accused of profiting off of their culture. 

12 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I think that's exactly what they were, but it seems their experience of being exploited by the mainland and left for dead after the Collapse seems to have strengthened their resolve and radicalized them into something a little more dangerous. 

As for the main topic, I think Astrid seems to be at least partially related to the natives? I may be jumping to conclusions though. Or maybe they're use is being avoided to prevent representing them incorrectly or being accused of profiting off of their culture. 

Astrid does seem to have some strong connections with Great Bear.  And with the mission (whatever that is).