The Invincible Bear in Coastal Highway

CMT1984

I encountered a very hard to kill bear in Coastal Highway, stalker survival mode. I hit it 5 or 6 times with the rifle and 2 or 3 times with the revolver and it still managed to run away. It did die on the lake shortly after though.

Also on the same run, same region, I shot at a bear with the rifle, got no hit marker and it ran away. However, a few days later it showed on my stats that I had killed a bear and that was the only one I shot at in that run.

Edited by CMT1984

12 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

He was consistently shooting the lungs But in this game only headshots are special. 

11 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@MarrowStone
Right... which is why I generalized and called them "body shots."  :D

:coffee::fire:

Oh ok, thanks. I was thinking the lungs and heart would count as a critical hit. I will start aiming for the head.

Edited by CMT1984

@CMT1984

They might... I don't know for sure, since I can't see the code.  I can only offer what I've seen from my experience, I don't claim to know definitively.  Body shots in the chest area can be critical hits, but in general I find that is not very reliable and much less likely to score a critical hit shooting in that area (though I have seen it happen, I just can't count on it).  I find that the best chance to crit is to just brain them.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

• 3 weeks later...

I danced with a bear in CH the other day. It was like the Ice follies. Without obstacles I found I could kite the bear by going backwards and hard right. His turn radius was just a bit larger. I also found I could reload the revolver while kiting !! Fighting my compulsion to stop to pick up my spent cases I reloaded the revolver twice pumping about 15 revolver rounds into him. at first I could only get shots into his lungs but as my turn radius was smalller I was able to keep bringing the point of aim closer, more forward, towards his head and finally a bit in front. I got about three shots into his head before I pulled the point of aim actually in front of his nose and he finally dropped.

I'm pretty sure a wolf jumped me at coastal cabins moments later. I've met my demise several times there rather abruptly to that bear or that wolf. I think they are in cahoots.