Broken Rib mechanic??

Bano

On a very long run of almost 1500 days. Typically I avoid anything that might severely hurt me. However, moose surprised me near Qstation resulting in...broken ribs. I waited the prescribed time of 120 hours. And then waited. And then waited. One hour remained. I did not apply bandages or use teas because with other ailments, I can rest the prescribed time and the pain will heal. 

I understand if the bandages need to be applied however the requirement to use rose hips teas presents a huge issue. I know this is an outlier case, however, since the rose hips are non-renewable, my mobility is limited simply because I don't have 4 teas readily available. Supplies of rose hips are also scant due to the long run. This seems a bit unfair. I've waited more than 120 hours so I feel the ribs should heal and I should not have to be limited by pain. 

Suggestions? Thoughts? Hinterland??

Edited by Bano

@Serenity, Its not that I have never used; its just the length of this run has used much of what I gathered. This run has been going on for quite a few major updates and at the start, I collected many of the hips and converted into teas. As the mechanic changed, I had to re-evaluate usage. I totally try to avoid problems and even with wolf bites, the pain will go away with adequate rest. I feel this should be the case with broken ribs  as well. 

The only option I could see for you is try Beach combing in CH and DP as well as the connecting region and hope you can find enough rose hips to make what you need as unfortunately they only spawn in singles. Unless there's still regions or areas you haven't explored that could have painkillers or rose hips. I know Mountain Town, specifically the area near Will's plane crash has a lot of rose hip bushes, and I mean a lot. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this heads-up, makes me think twice about using rose hip teas for warming up in a run with long term ambitions. I recommend you to explore a region where you haven't been for quite a while. If they made major changes there you've got a shot at finding respawned rose hips. For example the cave entrance by the crashed plane in PV. I lost a seasoned survivor down in moose overlook in HRV under the same conditions. Got butted, was out of rose hips (by 8 pieces) and couldn't climb out. 

Fortunately I was able to hobble together 4 rose hip teas and getting back into the long term stride of my circuit. I'll be more keen on collecting any hips that I may not have acquired, however, I still believe this should be "healable" without the use of painkillers. Or provide more hips, renew them or provide some form of alternative for Interlopers. I understand this is an edge case but still, it makes me very, very wary to around Bullwinkle and company!

I totally get what you're saying, and it is definitely a problem, in theory. But you're talking 1500+ days. Theoretically, such a thing is only a problem on long runs like that. Most people will die well before they run out of painkillers or rose hips. But, as it stands, Broken Ribs is the only affliction which REQUIRES painkillers/rosehips as part of the remedy, so... take care when drinking the stuff.