2 week old game items all moved to Lost and Found

Grogfoot

I started a new Stalker game about ten days ago (important that this is AFTER all the latest additions and patches, a new game).  After visiting Old Pence Family Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg I went searching for a heavy hammer to craft arrows.  After finding it I returned to FM and ALL the important items I had gathered at the homestead for crafting (coal, firewood, metal, etc.) were moved to a lost and found box on the opposite side of the map at the entrance to Mystery Lake.

My god, why?

The game got updated yesterday. I wasn't sure if items dropped on the ground outside (with the save started on a recent version, I thought it might be a one-off for 1.62) would be swept up and put in a red box by one of the region entrances. But it seems this is the way outdoor items are handled now. Indoor items should stay or put in a red box inside, which is easier to find and get to :) FM is special in that it has no indoor locations apart from two transition caves, so yes, all of the items in the region (apart from stuff you put or left in containers) will end up there. Time for hauling some stuff... on the other hand if you want to bring the stuff to ML anyway, it's now hauled halfway there for you for free :)

13 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

on the other hand if you want to bring the stuff to ML anyway, it's now hauled halfway there for you for free :)

Haha, I like that way of looking at it.  I had no idea that it was updated that recently, that must have done it.  I see red boxes everywhere now, so it must have been another 'sweep'. 

22 hours ago, TLD Survivalist said:

You drop them on the ground??

Sometimes, but that wasn't the only explanation.  I had placed a number of bottles of water on top of the workbench there and they were also teleported to the box near ML.

How can we play the game if this is going to keep happening ?

Those of us on long runs eg my >400 day save have a lot to lose and caches stored all across the game world. These will keep being disturbed and placed in those red boxes - often a long long way away.

We then replace 100's of kg's of items only to do it all again at the next update ? This can't be the intended mechanism for the lost and found boxes ?

I thought only items that would otherwise be lost by terrain alterations got moved. Instead it seems everything on the floor across the whole game world goes in them...

Anyone found the outside red box for CH? One of my runs, the longest one I ever managed has a ton of meat in CH and I am preparing myself to search for it.

I have just found separate topic, where admin claims the majority of items should not by touched. Uff I can enjoy my steaks.

Second question. Why 0% raw meat should disappear when placed in container? Broken snare does not, spent torch does not. One can still use the meat and bring it back to 50%. And even 0% cooked meat has value for level 5 cook.

Edited by acada
just got new info