Put things into crates

Samira827

Hi everyone,

I love this game and everything about it, but there's one thing that's getting on my nerves - the fact that you can't really use crates next to stoves as a wood storage. With bowl like in Camp Office in ML, you can sort of climb on top of it and then drop the wood, which will kinda make it look like the bowl is full of wood. But you can't climb on (or into) crates, so you also can't drop your wood into it. I'm suggesting making crates behave the way containers do - with an inventory and weight limit. The items placed into the crate would then show inside of it of course, with wood logs placed vertically. 

Or at least let us put the logs into the crates manually please. I'm sure it could work, if we were able to rotate things vertically.

Tell me what you think about this :) 

The map design really does need more storage containers in most locations, certainly some storage for food outside anywhere you would have a base. What cabin would not have an outhouse (mega-locker) or wood bin? It is mad that I am making piles of meat on the porch at Mystery Lake. And with the new lost and found boxes mechanic I am finding that piles of wood or water or whatever that I have cached in the open are getting magically transported to distant map exits.

I am not sure that the crates need to be caches, but you ought to be able to store your collected resources where you are camped.

It would be better if the game allowed for "conversion" of the open topped crates (or maybe any crate you can interact with for that matter) to a container.  At that point then you could put stuff into it.  Now if you wanted to break down a crate for reclaimed wood then you have to convert it back from being a container.  This would allow for other possibilities, such as "clearing a table or counter", but making crates into containers would help with storage issues. 

• Upvote 1