Sign in to follow this  
Sito

Toggle the previous intro screen

I love the new intro menu screen with the new sound track, I know it has been out for a while but I am only posting now.

I sometimes just leave the game open at the intro, listen to the track, then watch it while thinking of stuff. The change of weather is engaging. And the sound! Awesome!

But I miss the old trappers hut intro and music.

I wish we could toggle back and forth if we want. I spent many hours just watching the weather at trappers hut. And I love the soundtrack! 

You have made an awesome experience Hinterland!  More is better. If we could have the old and the new at the same time depending on mood would be great! 

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 6

Yeah, the old intro screen with Trapper's was iconic. Would be cool to have a way to bring it back. Even more so the ability to actually enter that as a level. I can't recall how that worked, someone once described it here on the forums. Just you, Trapper's, maybe - maybe - the two wolves (might actually be better without them), and then endless whiteness all around. As if walking in a dream.

10 hours ago, Sito said:

But I miss the old trappers hut intro and music. I wish we could toggle back and forth if we want. I spent many hours just watching the weather at trappers hut. And I love the soundtrack! 

Absolutely love the old theme as well. I also let the trappers cabin atmosphere sound roll in the background while doing other stuff. The neighbors being able to see through the window pretty well must have wondered what was so intriguing about a cartoon cabin on a rocky hill.

Not saying that the new theme is bad, I just turn it off instantly while I let the old one play and make me meditative. It was the DNA of the long dark. 

Yup I miss the old intro screen as well. I also let it sometimes to play as screensaver. The new one... not yet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Trapper's cabin is a staple of TLD. It can't be forgotten this easily. (Thomson's Crossing screen isn't bad, but don't forget to remember the original.)