Toggle the previous intro screen

Sito

I love the new intro menu screen with the new sound track, I know it has been out for a while but I am only posting now.

I sometimes just leave the game open at the intro, listen to the track, then watch it while thinking of stuff. The change of weather is engaging. And the sound! Awesome!

But I miss the old trappers hut intro and music.

I wish we could toggle back and forth if we want. I spent many hours just watching the weather at trappers hut. And I love the soundtrack! 

You have made an awesome experience Hinterland!  More is better. If we could have the old and the new at the same time depending on mood would be great! 

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 8

Yeah, the old intro screen with Trapper's was iconic. Would be cool to have a way to bring it back. Even more so the ability to actually enter that as a level. I can't recall how that worked, someone once described it here on the forums. Just you, Trapper's, maybe - maybe - the two wolves (might actually be better without them), and then endless whiteness all around. As if walking in a dream.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sito said:

But I miss the old trappers hut intro and music. I wish we could toggle back and forth if we want. I spent many hours just watching the weather at trappers hut. And I love the soundtrack! 

Absolutely love the old theme as well. I also let the trappers cabin atmosphere sound roll in the background while doing other stuff. The neighbors being able to see through the window pretty well must have wondered what was so intriguing about a cartoon cabin on a rocky hill.

Not saying that the new theme is bad, I just turn it off instantly while I let the old one play and make me meditative. It was the DNA of the long dark. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

This topic has been on a while, so I'm sorry for necro. I've just returned to playing the game again, the change is a big shock to me. I used to just boot the game up and stay on the main menu until the music ends before starting a session. I do hope they will let you choose, or at least have the intro on cycle.

• Upvote 1

I cannot agree harder. The new music is pleasant, but I can’t NOT compare it to the original, which is just so... moving. Iconic. Perfect and atmospheric. I would also sit and listen to it and it feels like such a letdown when the new song plays instead. Again, not that the new song is bad— it’s a lovely composition, but it just doesn’t move me the same way. To me, it doesn’t represent the game’s atmosphere or the harshness of the weather or the loneliness of the survivor’s experience or the wild beauty of nature reclaiming civilization. It’s just... a nice song that has no emotional attachment for me. Granted, that’s my very biased opinion, since I’ve played since 2014, but my roommate has only been playing since the game was launched on ps4, and he was livid when the music changed. I’d love to be able to use the old music for the main menu. I miss it a lot. :(

• Upvote 1