What’s the best way to deal with Scruffy the cave wolf in Desolation Point???

Tommy2Dumps

7 hours ago, Tommy2Dumps said:

I’m planning on taking my long Loper to confront Scruffy tonight for the first time ever, does anyone have any tips for the showdown? Thanks everyone ahead of time.

I don't know how far in you are but if you still have a flare, shoot him in the head. If you want to spare the shell and have the bow, see if you can sneak up the ramp to the right, goat down to a safe shelf where he can't reach you and shoot him from there. If you don't have any weapons, bring lots of torches, make campfires and throw lit torches on him every 10 minutes, don't wait longer. It will help you loot the cave and harvest meat but not the hides/guts from the two deer carcasses.

Good luck!

17 hours ago, Tommy2Dumps said:

I’m planning on taking my long Loper to confront Scruffy tonight for the first time ever, does anyone have any tips for the showdown? Thanks everyone ahead of time.

Sneak up the lil ramp to the right after you turn towards the main part of the cave, take some flares, some wood, and the ability to either craft a shelter or a bedroll. Also, something to actually kill the wolf with. {bow n arrow, or firearm}

Walk in with the flare lit, walk up the ramp, drop one flare along the way to the top, wait at the top for mr wolf to find you, and he will come up to the flare you dropped, but will not attack right away.....Draw your bead quickly or anticipate his movements cause he will do something after you aim, take a shot, hope you hit him. If you did, throw down the bed or install the shelter in the mound of snow, take a 4 hour nap, he should bleed out. If not, wait till he returns and try again.

Edited by wizard03

Walk until you get to the fork where a right takes you up a slope to a potential bedroll by a ledge. Wait there and listen for footsteps, and back off to the fork, keeping distance but maintaining a long line of sight. Wait for the bark, then run up, get the bedroll, and wait for Scruffy to charge you. Quickly crouch and go down the ledge, any which way as long as you don't get a sprained ankle. Immediately run to the exit; if Scruffy gets scared, she snaps out of it fast and can attack you again.