Stim in Maitenance Shed

Goodzilla

Still speedrunning "As the dead sleep"

I was now 7 times in a raw in the  maintenance shed in Brtoken Railroad without finding a stim in the wooden box.

Was there an update which I missed. First I tought it is just bad luck, but yesterday I tried 4 times and today another 3 times and there was never a stim  there again.

Can anybody confirm this please?

9 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

This is normal. There are a guaranteed 9, possible 10 stims in the game on Loper. This is the possible tenth.

It was like that before, but since 29.January I did not found a single stim there anymore, and this in more than 10 runs.
I don’t think that is normal, before I had a 50% chance.

However I continued my last run without the stim. It was possible to climb out from Milton (to ML) without a stim, I used the two coffees I found an reduced my weight under 10kg and just made it. I shall hopefully finish the run tonight and I will be clearly under  2 days.

• Upvote 1

Ah, you knew it was a chance already. All clear. So maybe that means the chance of an extra stim is gone now, from this challenge at least. And maybe Loper, too.

Hmm... you do have to break down something to get it. (I'm thinking it might drop underground - see the Known Issue for 1.73 thread.) One could verify if it's actually still in the game by playing lower difficulty Sandbox mode, but until the issue is fixed, that won't give proof of absence, only proof of presence. If present, the issue might not be the cause of absence on challenge/Loper.

Edited by Gun Tech.

3 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

Hmm... you do have to break down something to get it. (I'm thinking it might drop underground - see the Known Issue for 1.73 thread.) One could verify if it's actually still in the game by playing lower difficulty Sandbox mode, but until the issue is fixed, that won't give proof of absence, only proof of presence. If present, the issue might not be the cause of absence on challenge/Loper.

Thanks for that, I dident know about such problems. Anyhow I looted the whole Maintenance Shed, each box and everything but did not found anything. I shall check next time also under the place where it should be.

I note that there was an update hotfix V1.73   that is exactly the last day I found a stim there.

17 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

This is normal. There are a guaranteed 9, possible 10 stims in the game on Loper. This is the possible tenth.

Would you let me know the other places, that might help a lot for a speedrun. Except this mission I never played on Interlooper

2 BR  (wooden box and hunting lodge)
1 FM  (open cave Marsh Ridge)
1 Ravine  (yellow wagon)
1 PV (barn)
1 coal cave (PV-CH)
1 DP (light house)

FYI regarding stims, there are a total of 8 - 10 in the game. There is a minimum of 1 in BR, but there there can be a total of 3 that spawn. The 3rd spawn point is at the bottom of the ravine near a corpse. Be careful though, that climb is the longest and most dangerous in all of Great Bear.

Your list is missing the one in MT and the one in TWM. 👍

3 hours ago, Goodzilla said:

You are right, I did hear from them, but they are both too far away from the shortest way, so no opportunity for a speedrun

Oh, just helping out in case you didn't know where they were. Yeah, not much help on the ATDS speedrun.

Had to clarify on the BR stims too. Just doing my duty for the community. 😁 :coffee:

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...