3rd person

Tri13

I never though about this but wouldn't 3rd person be cool for the long dark. I realize that its pretty unrealistic because of all the animations that would needed to be made and the player models and stuff. But having the long dark but kinda like red dead redemption would be really cool.

Not for me. It would break the immersion. For example when you want to see if there is bear around the corner, you have to go to the corner. 3rd person would offer you something like periscope so you could see.

Plus it is great when you "are in the game" not just watch a person do your bidding.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

@acada

5 hours ago, acada said:

it is great when you "are in the game" not just watch a person do your bidding.

Agreed, this game just feels great in first person.  In the past I've usually been one that prefers a third person perspective, but not for this game... definitely not. 

Also, in it's current state... third person would just consist of floating arms that occasionally hold things. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
No thank you - to the idea of third person in this game.

I agree and vote for no third person mode.

I wish more PC games would have decent first-person unlike console ports to PC. That's why I refunded RDR2. I think we should cherish and support good first-person PC games, because otherwise the risk is all games turning into Super Mario World, watching yourself do things in the game instead of doing them. The nauseating camera swings, wonky aiming, and weird handling of indoor locations doesn't help, either.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

I think we should cherish and support good first-person PC games

Well said, and I agree... especially for games in the survival genre (which in my opinion, this game both embodies and redefines with it's essential purity)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac