The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.73 [58590]

Admin

Now_Available_Steam_Cover_Image_800x450.png.549d8e0af29e9d61ed56f84fce51a871.png

We’ve released our v1.73 Hotfix for ERRANT PILGRIM. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST v1.73 [58590]

GENERAL FIXES

• [EP2] Fixed a crash that could occur when the Old Bear charges at the Player, if they had taken a specific path through the cave prior to the encounter. 
  • [General] Fixed a crash that could occur during an active Aurora.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@odium
What bleed out mechanic are you referring too?

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I ask because if you are talking about the moose, they don't bleed out... and I've not noticed issues with the general animal bleed out mechanics - so far I mean.

im referring to the bleed out being cancelled when you enter a building with a loading screen. shoot a bear then duck into a cabin, when you come out the bear isnt bleeding out and respawns elsewhere

• Upvote 1

Never had either of those crashes fixed in this patch, and never heard of other people getting them, nor have viewers reported or mentioned them on any of my videos or livestreams.

However ...

Are the ninja wolves being fixed?  The ones that just "appear" one pace behind you without a warning growl or bark, and then rip your face off.

Also are the telepathic wolves fixed yet?  The ones that can predict your aiming point with a firearm or bow and jink to move in a different direction at the exact same time as you start aiming.

Are the radar guided wolves fixed yet?  The wolves that lock onto you and begin trailing you from half way across the map just because there's line of sight between your location and theirs, even though the wolves themselves are not yet rendered on screen, but their audio effects are playing from the direction they're stalking you from.

Are the levitating bears in Forlorn Muskeg being fixed?  The ones that can not only walk across weak ice that players fall through, but also melee the player on that same ice without it breaking and the bear falling through, yet the player does fall through the moment the melee finishes and before they can apply medications, despite the bear weighing several times the weight of the player and all their gear.

Edited by Gazbeard
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gazbeard said:

Never had either of those crashes fixed in this patch, and never heard of other people getting them, nor have viewers reported or mentioned them on any of my videos or livestreams.

Nothing personal @Gazbeard, but not everyone watches streams of the game, some of us just play it. And I am guessing reports were filed through the Support Portal, and their QA people were able to reproduce the crashes.  I haven't had any crashes either, but that doesn't mean they weren't happening for some players on some platforms. Or they would not have needed to be hotfixed, lol.

I expect we'll see a few more hotfixes as the next few weeks go by, there were a number of reports of various issues, by a number of people on the Steam forums. None of which I have experienced either, but again, that doesn't mean these bugs aren't happening for some people. Just like I have never had the "levitating bear melee on weak ice" one in FM. Apparently you have.

Thanks to Hinterland for working hard to fix any and all bugs, as they get reported. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for all the work Devs.  Thanks for continuing to make one of the best games better! <3

Ok so just wondering about all the issues with bedrolls.  As I understand it they degrade real quickly in caves, but my issues have happened also in the Church in Desolation point.  One time I think it happened (but I didn't notice till a little later so it's possible something else happened), then it happened again when I am sure it happened.  After loosing 2 bedrolls I basically had to do some risky stuff to get another bed roll and died (alas it's part of the game) but would LOVE to see this fixed...as bedrolls are so essential to travel imo.  Thank you!

18 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@odium
What bleed out mechanic are you referring too?

I ask because if you are talking about the moose, they don't bleed out... and I've not noticed issues with the general animal bleed out mechanics - so far I mean.

11 hours ago, odium said:

im referring to the bleed out being cancelled when you enter a building with a loading screen. shoot a bear then duck into a cabin, when you come out the bear isnt bleeding out and respawns elsewhere

oh... I've not ran into this one yet.  I'll have to keep my eye out for it.  The last bear I resently took down, I tracked it until it dropped... (that is to say I never went inside until after I had it quartered).

Thank you :)
And to @zioG and those folks that have pointed it out as well.

Edited by ManicManiac

I sadly haven't even finished the 2nd chapter of the long dark. I got back into the game a while back and started my longest survival game yet but since then I haven't been playing. Mostly because of the release of a few games mostly the Xbox release of Stranded Deep.

Edited by Tri13

16 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

oh... I've not ran into this one yet.  I'll have to keep my eye out for it.  The last bear I resently took down, I tracked it until it dropped... (that is to say I never went inside until after I had it quartered).

Thank you :)
And to @zioG and those folks that have pointed it out as well.

Had this issue with the rifle as well, shot the moose with the rifle this time, thought maybe it was due to the revolver getting nerfed, but after using the rifle on the moose, it just does NOT leave a blood trail or splatter! O.O

Also moose goes into structures now???

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

but after using the rifle on the moose, it just does NOT leave a blood trail or splatter!

Ah, see this is what I was talking about earlier though... the moose was never intended to bleed out, that's what made it harder to deal with than a bear.  So, the moose not bleeding - I don't think that's a bug.

Deer, wolves, and bears bleed out and leave blood trails... but to my knowledge the moose never did, and wasn't intended to.

The bit about structures... I don't know about that one.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, odium said:

is the bleed out mechanic fixed yet?  

Yes, for me at least.  Since 1.71, I have shot a bear, deer, and wolf, each with one arrow, and gone inside very soon afterward.  I've passed time inside and come out to find the animal had died.  Finding the carcass is the usual struggle, but I was lucky with good weather and crows led me to the carcasses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Yes, for me at least.  Since 1.71, I have shot a bear, deer, and wolf, each with one arrow, and gone inside very soon afterward.  I've passed time inside and come out to find the animal had died.  Finding the carcass is the usual struggle, but I was lucky with good weather and crows led me to the carcasses.

awesome, knowing this i will test as well on my run and report back.  thats huge if its fixed, can hunt bears safely anywhere again!

On 1/31/2020 at 7:48 PM, ManicManiac said:

... but to my knowledge the moose never did, and wasn't intended to.

Again, watch the first minute of this... 

I don't know if it is a bug and whether it has been fixed or not but... There you go. Moose do bleed out apparently.

14 hours ago, zioG said:

Again, watch the first minute of this... 

I was just saying that as far as I know, they were never intended to do so... the fact that folks have experienced (witnessed in this case) Moose that bleed, doesn't mean it was intended behavior - this was most likely a bug of some kind.  I mean even the YouTuber was shocked initially (and then went on to  make an unqualified assumption :D).

:coffee::fire:
I'm not going to argue about it... folks can certainly believe whatever they'd like to believe.

Edited by ManicManiac

Currently, I'm refraining from playing my long-lived character with version 1.73, because I'm afraid the known issue posted in this sub-forum will permanently drop some vital items spread through my bases underground, inaccessible forever, and I wouldn't find out until I've played 20 days on my character and the great run is converted into a bad run. I'm eagerly awaiting an update with a fix and confirmation from players that it's fixed before I continue on my save.

Edited by Gun Tech.

15 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I was just saying that as far as I know, they were never intended to do so... the fact that folks have experienced (witnessed in this case) Moose that bleed, doesn't mean it was intended behavior - this was most likely a bug of some kind.  I mean even the YouTuber was shocked initially (and then went on to  make an unqualified assumption :D).

:coffee::fire:
I'm not going to argue about it... folks can certainly believe whatever they'd like to believe.

And I completely agree, moose were never intended to bleed out but apparently they do, you may have missed my comment after the video. 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:06 AM, zioG said:

I don't know if it is a bug and whether it has been fixed or not

I am actually pretty sure it is a bug.

@Admin can you confirm this?

Thank you. 

Peace!

On 2/2/2020 at 3:54 PM, Gun Tech. said:

Currently, I'm refraining from playing my long-lived character with version 1.73, because I'm afraid the known issue posted in this sub-forum will permanently drop some vital items spread through my bases underground, inaccessible forever, and I wouldn't find out until I've played 20 days on my character and the great run is converted into a bad run. I'm eagerly awaiting an update with a fix and confirmation from players that it's fixed before I continue on my save.

I'm glad someone else has noticed an issue with things falling through floors now.  I thought I was losing it.  I summitted TWM and unloaded all the crates in the dark and dropped excess supplies in the back corner of the plane and went to sleep right there without starting a fire (lower difficulty and it was warm enough).  I then exited the file because IRL I was going to bed.  When I started the save up the next day, everything I had dropped in that corner was gone.  I double-checked and the crates were all empty, so the game did save when I slept but the items I dropped must have fallen through the floor of the plane.  I was so disgusted, I terminated that run and haven't yet started another.

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic