Idea: Ability to Carry Plastic Container

LikeaFish

Given the extreme scent mechanic with raw meat, I think it would be great to be able to carry a plastic container. This would weigh something like 2 kg but allow you to carry 10 kg of raw meat with reduced smell radius.

I think this would allow for hunting farther from closed structures and reduce the ridiculousness of running 200 meters and dropping your meat to reset the wolves tracking.

What does everyone think?

• Upvote 1

@LikeaFish

I think the scent mechanic is fine as is, and I don't see any need to change it...

However I have been in favor of being able to move small containers in the past, but only for the sake of moving small storage for the purpose of being able to customize living space to a small degree:

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:02 AM, ManicManiac said:

I do really like your ideas about being able to customize our living space, I feel that would be a good addition... at least for the sandbox where the story we experience is crafted by us, the players.   

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, ManicManiac said:

I agree it would be nice to be able to do more to "customize" one's living space.  :) 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, ManicManiac said:

I think anything that would help the player improve the degree to which we can sort of customize our living space would be a value add.  I mean, at least for the survival sandbox where the story we are experiencing is sort of our own.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

Just in a general sense I would be very much in favor of being able to move plastic containers, if for no other reason than to give us more storage options in locations that are otherwise a bit lacking in the storage department.  I don't think it needs to confer any special benefits apart from being able to store things more conveniently.