Things I'd like to see

Smiler-Stewart

This won't be for everyone, which I totally understand. These are just a few things I'd like to see in game.

1. Ability to build simple things to make life a bit better. Such as snow shoes, backpack frame to carry more, a simple sled to move gear or even to pack a new kill on to. A packable tent. (These ideas are not all my own. A lot came from a TLD Facebook page)

2. Be able to fix or add to shelters. So fixing the roof in the mountaineers cabin. Adding gun racks in preferred bases. I'd also love to be able to move around the furniture already in bases and be able to clean up mess.

3. Using pelts to make more diverse things. Even decorations for out bases. Making a packable tent (mentioned above).

4. I'd LOVE to see more diverse wildlife.

5. More signs of other life on great bear. I remember (possibly incorrectly so forgive me) finding a little camp obviously just left because the coffee was still hot. This made things really exciting for me at least. 

5. The ability to jump! Or even just step up on to things a normal person could step on to! 

As I mentioned, these ideas will absolutely not be for everyone. Nor did I have the ideas all myself. (I'm sure many of you have thought about it)

There are many hardcore loper players that would and do see these ideas as ruining the toughness of the game and I totally respect that, this is just 'it would be nice' post. If the Devs did end up adding any of these things then a way to toggle them on or off depending on your play style might be good. 

Thanks for reading if you did and apologies if you think this would ruin the game for you, I just thought it would be fun. 

Great suggestions! There's an area here specifically for players to suggest game features in the Wish List sub-forum.

My own two cents on these:

1. Since the update to the sprains system, I've personally noticed a massive decrease in the amount of sprains I've experienced in normal gameplay. Because of this, snowshoes wouldn't really add anything to the game as it stands. The backpack frame is essentially the same as the moose hide satchel, so it's a duplicate of an existing item and therefore not needed. Sleds are a neat idea, but likely really difficult to implement from the programming side, what with collision detection and inevitable bugs that would result from adding what is essentially a vehicle sub-system into the game. That's a whole new feature that takes man-hours away from other items like finishing the story mode.

2. Agreed, moving stuff would be fun in bases. Fixing locations may be beyond the scope of the game, however. Building stuff like gun racks (or containers outside bases) would be a great feature.

3. There's a nifty bug where selecting a fresh hide and moving it will result in the item being fixed in place as it turns into a cured hide. Some folks have done some crazy stuff with decorating using this bug. I can see decorations being a great addition once the game is complete and opened to the modding community. As for a tent, there's already the snow shelter in game for a fixed shelter, or the bedroll for a movable sleeping location. However, perhaps a new use for wolf hides? Pup-tent, anyone?

4. A fun idea, though it might affect game balance to have more sources of nutrition in game. Perhaps another option for the mod community, though.

5. If you find a location where your character gets stuck, report the bug! The Hinterland team does great work on their maps fixing sticky areas. Otherwise, if you can't reach it by walking, you're probably not meant to reach that location.