Most intense experience?

What is your most intense experience of the game?

I was playing on voyageur as I was still learning the game. Survived 110 days before i died to a wolf that I got way too confident about.

Began a new gameplay on stalker difficulty. Much better experience so far. And with that I've just had my most intense experience of the game.

Spawned in desolation point and I survived the first 4 days scavenging for clothing and food trying to avoid the brutal -30°c average temperature. I'm now set up in coastal highway in a house with a fireplace behind the vas station on day 9 (night cycle for day 10).

Ran out of food (just soda cans left) so i decided i would go pistol hunting deer for hide and food (i already have some hide curing and i want to make the deer boots). (Pistol hunting is not fun as i havent found a rifle or bow yet). Finally killed the deer and began harvesting what I needed. 9.2kg of meat. Yummy and delicious! Inevitably, the wolves also agree. 

I attracted a lone wolf on the lake and so rather than waste my resources scaring it away, exhausted and encumbered I decided I would just lead him back to my house and get in safely so I can deal with him another time. 

Ofcourse, I underestimated stalker difficulty and heavy fog came. Almost lost my bearings. To make matters worse I bumped into the pack of 4 wolves that have been camping just down the road from me. Popped my flare. Now I have 5 wolves all wanting my yummy goodness. 

I finally get back to the road by the two coastal houses and luckily (as ive turned to get my bearings) spotted a 6th wolf lurking behind a tree. Now, I have 6 wolves all barking at me but too scared to make a move on me due to the flare. Finally i spot my house, and as I approach my door I hear something that rattled my core. Yes, a bear was charging at me. 

Luckily I made it home with all my meat and hide / guts but now I have 6 wolves and a bear waiting for me outside my house. My heart was seriously racing. 

Share your most intense experiences 

Edited by Robbiieeee
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I’m new player, The must time I can stay alive was 23 days, before a wolf coming from inside the fog and hit me, I use the knife , but come the second wolf I used a pistol and he runs way and I’m blending, walking blinds inside the fog, come the wolf 3 (or the first back) and kill me...

23 days, gone... I did a base, inside has deer skins, rabbit skins, ammo, food, and all lost.

now I want live more this time and learn hunting.

• 5 months later...

Apart from the story mode, the Winter's Embrace was the most intense. So many points in time where the weather turned cold while I was between good spots to camp, and even once I got good clothes, it was still dangerous.  At one point I was basically blindly navigating in a blizzard trying to get to the radio tower in Pleasant Valley.