Whiteout Challenge Question

chubbywolf59

So I was wondering how the challenges worked a little bit. The main thing I was wondering is if I would launch the Whiteout challenge today would I need to search all  the regions for the supplies on the supplies list or just the regions that were released when the challenge was released?

I have completed it by just going straight to DP and loot the area and Crumbling Highway for rifle, hatchet, oil, lantern, ammo, firewood and reclaimed wood primarily. Secondly I would bring high calorie food. I would go back to Quonset Garage and unload, fill up on coffee and search for the food and remaining wood. While in CH again you should always have a fire going to cook all the water in the garage, while you loot the surrounding area. You could also go hunting if you gave enough rounds and get food that way. 

But to wrap up, just use DP and CH. That should be enough :)

Whiteout-1-5-52.PNG

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2020 at 4:46 AM, chubbywolf59 said:

So I was wondering how the challenges worked a little bit. The main thing I was wondering is if I would launch the Whiteout challenge today would I need to search all  the regions for the supplies on the supplies list or just the regions that were released when the challenge was released?

Don't expect to get it done in 1 day 5 hours 52 minutes like @sholtolsen. That's a deceptively fast time. Well done! But he is correct. Stick to CH and DP and you should be able to complete the challenge. 

• 6 months later...

Second attempt I got this days 16, it  took a bit longer because i made a mistake of storing food in containers :( when it went rancid it all disappeared as condition was zero. So yeah just plop all food on the floor :) But yeah I think I also found all stuff needed on the one map location. First thing I look for is the rifle, didn't find a hand gun but amo.

• Like 1