House Temperature In Different Locations

Ice Hole

There is a two degree Celsius temperature difference at the cabin in Bleak inlet.  This cabin is near the waterfalls.  I am going to check the other cabins for this change in temperature while in different locations.

459916895_screen_(020)_e97d8213-7b8b-42ea-9256-da422d310353.thumb.png.3ef7deb5ecf22fc4f01dbfd0d53deed7.png

The temperature indicator is what I noticed.

1641047709_screen_(-420)_94c8c954-22ba-43aa-bfea-8237f33efce1.thumb.png.6f78502d993f51019993ba127b8f10fc.png

The bedroom is two degree Celsius warmer than the entrance.

A while ago I noticed this change in interior temperature standing near the windows at the Hunter's Lodge.

Edited by Ice Hole

Whoa, that's pretty cool! I've always known there were different temps for different beds, but I never noticed different temps for different rooms. I wonder how long it's been like this? Nice find.

Did your character survive? Looks like about 1-2% condition to me! 

Yeah this pilgrim survived. 

Temperature inside the Bedroom.

263853591_screen_(-421)_5e53c53a-6650-4236-bb73-e97d15e417c9.thumb.png.d0ed72737f62cdc23bd8fda9d3b848b0.png

Temperature inside the entrance room.

725386936_screen_(-12-1)_f8b5a5cb-3f4e-42d8-8102-06337e22318b.thumb.png.c43212281cd291dcfbb13995260ca56f.png

Honey!  Where's my pants?

Was just doing some testing and then deciding to jump off a cliff in Bleak was loads of fun.  That stumbling when below five percent is hilarious fun when on pilgrim and is so frustrating as hell on harder difficulty.

Edited by Ice Hole

Really I did not notice.  All I did was travel from Mystery Lake to Raven Falls Ravine then down the rope and off to check my secret goat path that leads down for Orcas down in Bleak inlet.

Maybe it was the sprain coming down from Overlook (took care of it with a bandage but no pain killers) and it lingered until I fell and received the four sprains.

Well here's something fun to try.  You can change the temperature in the Abandoned Lookout at Coastal Highway.  It's normally at -5C indoors, but if you enter and exit the cinder hills coal mine...the temperature in the lookout is -3C.  If you go into any other building on CH, then back to the Lookout, the temperature has reset to -5C.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Iv noticed this in much larger buildings and caves....the back of the cave is always a bit warmer.

Not only this, but if you drop curable hides and guts, they'll cure at the back of a cave. It's treated as an 'indoor' location for this purpose.

Great when you're camped in the 'keg and want to cure some saplings while you forge! Drop them off at the cave up near the fallen radio tower when you go fetch wood, and collect them later. Just watch out for that damned wolf that patrols up there!

Guest jeffpeng
On 1/22/2020 at 1:16 AM, jhickie said:

Whoa, that's pretty cool! I've always known there were different temps for different beds, but I never noticed different temps for different rooms. I wonder how long it's been like this? Nice find.

It's been like this in the Hunter's Lodge since..... there was a Hunter's Lodge.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, ajb1978 said:

...how did you have 5 pain afflictions when you can only sprain 4 things?

The 5th pain is caused by "Why am I doing this?!" I have this at work regularly.

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

It's treated as an 'indoor' location for this purpose.

It's worth noting that it's not treated as indoor for the purposes of item decay rates, so most food will keep as good as if you kept it outside, except some Beans and Peaches, of course, which rot away in record time. Same is btw true for the Mountaineer's Hut, which is "technically" the warm part of a cave.

I would also suspect that the same malus for worn clothing applies there as if it was worn truly "outside".