My thoughts on bleak inlet.

RegentRelic

I now think belive I have played enough of bleak inlet to share so well formed thoughts. First thing that had a problem with was how you can't enter the boat docked at the cannery. We have had a few doors here and there that can't be opened but, this is the only structure I can think of that looks like you should be able to enter but can't. The next thing that was a problem was the wolves never giving up. There have been several times where I've been stuck on a rock or ledge for hours even a full day with timber wolves running around barking at me. I think that when you're surrounded by wolves with the protection of your fire, having to decide between waiting for an opening or shoot your way out or, even worse not having a gun hafting to find an opening were some of the best times. Now compare that to the timber wolves stalking a player. Instead of stopping and growling out side the ring of the fire, mustering their course to try and go in for the attack or fleeing upon realizing they can't reach the player. These new wolves exhust tons of energy running around in circles wailing their hearts out  and all around just looking more silly than menacing.

As for the enviorment I like the over all feel of the region. I also like the how can only gain access the over look from a different way then the rest of the region making it almost more part of the raven. I thought the vandalism was a clever way of showing game mechanics to players who may not have dipped into wintermute. On the other hand I felt the vandalism was a little excessive. I can barely look at it and would never stay there any longer then it takes me to loot. I feel like all of the aurora reliant mechanics in the survival now are an out of place bit RNG. I know that the long dark has all ways had chance elements when those chance elements amount to having to wait around is a completely different story than failing to find a supply that makes your life harder, or having to get around a moose.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I feel the region is too scripted like it didn’t know if it should be part of Wintermute or the Survival Sandbox.  The aggressive timber wolves make things too hostile in a scripted way.  Just keep the regular wolves, regular bears and regular moose - not Wolf Blitzer

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:34 AM, ManicManiac said:

The fact that they are tenacious and will stay on your trail until dealt with is one of the things I really like about them.  It requires us to both be more careful and a need to come prepared.  I say leave that aspect as it is.

:coffee::fire:
Their tenacity is what makes them such a wonderful and genuine threat...