Bleak Inlet POV

Dougie

I decided to have a look-see of this new map, but did it in Pilgrim to be on the safe side.  I liked the map area, but being on Pilgrim, it did lack the challenge of the hunt so-to-speak, but I didn’t think the timber wolves would fully satisfy the challenge in a positive casual play. I liked the random bears in the other maps as well as the “normal wolves”, and moose, but the timbers just are a little too much caffeine for my liking to explore with some challenge.  While there, I didn’t have the urge to make bullets or use the machinery because I had acquired what I needed in the other maps and I knew, like the others, I’d be moving on again.  When I do play in my usual Voyager mode, I likely won’t venture to BI, because the risk is not worth the loss of my acquisitions from and going to other regions with the timbers overly “aggressing”.  The only way to risk it, is to make it your first stop, then move on. Please don’t put the timber wolves in the other regions.  Yeah, I’m a 🐓 .

I visited the BI on my current Voyger run. I came in with fully loaded revolver and 12 spare cartridges. I had no rifle, nor bow because of the weight limit (I wanted to do two ropes climbing down in one go an d the rope in Ravine was not present). I got one small nibble from the timber wolf on the upper plateu. Rest of wolfs did not touch me. I dropped most members of both welcome committees in the factory.

I found some revolver cartridges and made 36 of new. I left the BI with fully loaded revolver, ~50 revolver cartridges. The only brown alert was when I tried to shoot bear from the porch I thought is safe. But according big brown brother determination I decided to seek cover inside the cabin. It seemed like he would heave found way onto the porch.

The weather is anothe story. It is really windy there.

The BI is harsh. But I do plan to visit it again when my revolver ammunition will be low. This time it will be with rifle. The moose and bear steaks will be fine.

• Upvote 1

I'm just not sure what pull BI has for a visiting Loper. The Cannery is cool, but without the need to craft ammo, I'm not risking death by timberwolves just to sharpen my imp hatchet and get FP from some spoiled sardines. Sure, there's some neat places to loot, but on Loper there's just not enough risk/reward to visit the Radio Tower and Lookout. 

When they added HRV, they filled it with loot but made it treacherous and difficult to find. When they added BR, they added a stim at least, and added a forge later. What is the overriding reason to visit BI on Loper? I guess I need to just approach it like HRV and BR, loot once and never return.

I seem to remember finding a stim on a practice run when I first played BI.. is this true or was it just a fever dream? Anyone else found one there? If so, there's my reason.. at least when playing DMC.

3 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

screen_c7687f67-bbf5-41c0-8d8f-b37870cc5cff_hi.thumb.png.365356673a0e3d22281ae084ecf3e647.png

Firstly the Harpoon with +1 fire damage needs to be dismantled moved to BI and repaired using the Milling Machine.

Seeing that really makes me wish I could go rolling around Great Bear with that fire harpoon on a shoulder harness. I would fear neither bear nor wolf! I'd feel like Robocop cut loose on Old Detroit.

Very nice.

@Dougie

It's also possible that the timber wolves may be further tuned before they are unleased on the other zones.  I'm really interested to see how that will play out.  I think in their current state, they will definitely be a game changer if they do get loose from Bleak Inlet and start invading other territories.  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I think perhaps ideally I'd like them to be a sort of random appearance (kind of like how the moose currently works), but I guess we'll all have to just wait and see.

Edited by ManicManiac