Toolbox stuck to floor. Cannery Workshop

dahemac

The game does not allow landscape changes which moving the toolbox would amount to.  As I understand it, that toolbox was placed there by the devs and there it will stay. 

Seems to be one significant limitation because most anywhere you go you can see things that you'd think "I can put that file cabinet upright and be able to use it" and you can't.  

Besides, the previous cannery workers decided to Super Glue or Gorilla Glue the toolbox to the floor probably because one of their co-workers kept moving it around.  They didn't anticipate that it would be a problem to a post-apocalyptic survivor wanting more convenient access to it.   :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Besides, the previous cannery workers didn't anticipate that it would be a problem to a post-apocalyptic survivor wanting more convenient access to it.   :)

Thoughtless of the previous cannery workers.

But seriously I think some of these map design choices are made from a kind of hide and seek mentality that is only interesting the first time you explore an area. The utility of the map design to the player, surviving in the quiet apocalypse, is what contributes to replayability or sustained play. Discovering the tool chest once is interesting once. Having it positioned usefully so you interact with it over and over instead of just looting it initially would be a way for that asset to return greater value. In this respect the garage on Coastal Highway is much better designed than the Cannery which has several eccentricities that are irritating when you interact with them over and over. If I were the developer I would just move that toolchest to the workbench.

I do think there is a mechanic for moving storage, as a plastic storage container on shelves will change y coordinates if you salvage the shelves.