The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.71 [58341]

Admin

Now_Available_Steam_Cover_Image_800x450.png.ec52dc33ff2a23c69a0e0a77f6aa0c16.png

We’ve released our v1.71 Hotfix for ERRANT PILGRIM. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST v1.71 [58341]

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] All Regions - Fixed numerous areas where the Player could become stuck.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Additional pass for locations where the Player could get outside of the intended play area.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Fixed various clipping and floating objects.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Fixe numerous texture pop, stretch and flickering issues.
  • [Enviro] Windows will no longer glow during the night.
  • [Enviro] Fixed an issue that caused Players to teleport, if they fell off the rope climb in Bleak Inlet.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Fixed a variety of floating and clipping objects.
  • [Lighting] Fixed an issue that caused corrupted lighting to appear on various objects in the world.

UI

• [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the Episode 1 intro cinematic to freeze, if the Voice or Master volume slider was set to 0.
  • [UI] When repairing at the Milling Machine, the correct repaired condition is now shown.
  • [UI] Fixed missing line break in Bleak Inlet description.
  • [UI] Updated the Forlorn Muskeg description to include the Bleak Inlet transition.
  • [UI] Updated localization and fixed typos.
  • [UI] Full Lantern Fuel now properly displays correct weight

WINTERMUTE

• [EP2] Added additional checks to ensure the Old Bear does not become stuck.
  • [EP2] Aurora lights now appear properly after the Old Bear knocks over the tram.
  • [EP3] Players can no longer skip the Timberwolf Tutorial, by placing a survivor at the same time the tutorial triggers.
  • [EP3] Fishing sound effects no longer persist after catching the Big Bass.
  • [EP3] Players can no longer get stuck after the Mine Collapse cinematic.
  • [EP3] When loading a save at the Mine entrance, the crates will no longer appear in new locations.

GAMEPLAY

• [AI] Stags now animate correctly after being felled by a Wolf.
  • [AI] Fixed an issue that allowed Timberwolves to become hostile, regardless of game mode settings.
  • [AI] Fixed an issue that could cause Wildlife to slide under certain terrain, such as ice and steep hills.
  • [AI] Polished Stag and Wolf animations and transitions.
  • [AI] Wolves will no longer attack immediately after completing a Crafting or Harvesting action, while near a fire.
  • [AI] Fixed issue that prevented Timberwolves from attacking the Player, if they have entered and exited a vehicle.
  • [AI] Timberwolves will now only pick valid locations to wander to, preventing them from becoming stuck. 
  • [AI] Add check to ensure Wildlife is always on navmesh.
  • [Gameplay] Updated the location count for Faithful Cartographer to include missing Mountain Town locations. 
  • [Gameplay] Interrupted Progress made while repairing an item with the Milling Machine is now saved as progress, instead of repaired condition.
  • [Gameplay] When reloading a Revolver in a vehicle, the casings now stay in the car.
  • [Gameplay] Lost and Found Box added to Bleak Inlet.
  • [Gameplay] Stags now check for collision when falling after death, to avoid falling into objects.
  • [Gameplay] Torches pulled from fires will now properly randomize their condition.
  • [Gameplay] Tea will no longer remain hot forever.
  • [Gameplay] Added check to ensure equipped items used in crafting are unequipped correctly after crafting is complete. 
  • [Gameplay] When harvesting shelves, unrelated items will no longer drop to the floor.
  • [Gameplay] Added additional checks to ensure Badges and Feats are not removed when moving between game versions.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that caused unusable items to appear in the Lost and Found box. 
  • [Gameplay] Added additional check to ensure Wildlife conditions persist after exiting and re-entering a Region.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that prevented Rifles from being placed on gun racks.
  • [Gameplay] User can longer perform Fix or Repair actions when in the dark, as intended.
  • [Custom Mode] Bullets now spawn correctly, when Low Availability Resources is enabled, in Custom Mode.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, Admin said:
  • [AI] Fixed an issue that could cause Wildlife to slide under certain terrain, such as ice and steep hills.

Yaaay No more lost food. Or does it mean only end of bear pretending it is mole?

Edited by acada

I only have one question.....Im xbox, not sure how applicable this is to me, but do shell cases for the revolver spawn in regular interloper mode?
Don't need anything besides a yes or no, but Iv checked everywhere! I cannot find anything. =/Also would like to point out that if its 6 or less rounds, Id think this would not really offer anyone a different play style....Why risk two or three different packs of timber wolves for 6 bullets?

12 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Trappers is going dark... 😭

(I'll get used to it, but I will miss it. 3 1/2 years, seeing those lights at night, through a blizzard or fog... farewell, old friend.)

I don't know. Does it means windows will not glow outside or inside? Because I think the inside glow was diminished. Funny is I can see more inside now. The glow from windows is not so high so shadows are now more articulate. Tested on one cabin though. 

Guest jeffpeng
15 hours ago, Admin said:

Fixed an issue that could cause Wildlife to slide under certain terrain, such as ice and steep hills.

Thank you.

Wolves will no longer attack immediately after completing a Crafting or Harvesting action, while near a fire.

Hm. That could fix a lot of the problem with the new wolves. Will investigate later.

Add check to ensure Wildlife is always on navmesh.

While I think I get what you mean I guess a lot of people don't. If this means it fixes submarine Wildlife - thanks again.

Torches pulled from fires will now properly randomize their condition.

Finally! So somebody does read my posts I guess :D (At least I like to believe that ... shh... don't ruin it for me.)

Added additional check to ensure Wildlife conditions persist after exiting and re-entering a Region.

Amazing.

Bullets now spawn correctly, when Low Availability Resources is enabled, in Custom Mode.

Whooohoo.

So looks like "Relentless Bugfixer" has hit. I'll be giving this a test later this day with actual feedback, but thanks for your work in "advance".

18 hours ago, Admin said:

[Custom Mode] Bullets now spawn correctly, when Low Availability Resources is enabled, in Custom Mode.

Outstanding!  Now I shall return to TLD...I wonder  where I stashed that empty rifle 🧐.  Thanks for the many bug fixes, HL

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:
19 hours ago, Admin said:

Added additional check to ensure Wildlife conditions persist after exiting and re-entering a Region.

Amazing.

Does this mean wildlife bleeding doesn't stop during region visit? Example Ravine-ML-Ravine.

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, Makex said:

Does this mean wildlife bleeding doesn't stop during region visit? Example Ravine-ML-Ravine.

Well that's how I understand it.

Guest jeffpeng

I made two quick videos looking at Wolves and Decoys (https://youtu.be/SjdsO6k5IRQ) and Wolves, Timelapses and Fire (https://youtu.be/lT21YpwAdfs).

The TLDW is:

• Wolves still behave a bit wonky around decoys, but I think it's a bit more consistent than compared to 1.69.
  • Wolves do not attack you while timelapsing - in fact they apparently even run away from you. So fires are safe to sleep, craft and do whatever you please at as long as you are timelapsing.

Also, yeah, you really get full random torches. Big thumbs up.

Edited by jeffpeng

4 hours ago, Plankeye101 said:

[Gameplay] Added additional checks to ensure Badges and Feats are not removed when moving between game versions

So what can we do if we lost all our badges and feats during the previous hotfix?

Contact Hinterland Support via the Support Portal. They may or may not be able to restore lost Feat and Badges. 

• Upvote 1