Old saves without Aurora / Opening the workshop in Bleak Inlet

Changarnier

Everything is on the title... I read that old saves made game couldnt generate aurora, which is needed to open the workplace in the Bleak Inlet.

A first way would be to start a new survival game, but since I have 300 days on that one... I was wondering if a next patch / update could fix this.

That would remove a lot of frustration and be awesome :)

Enjoy the night guys,
Axel

Edited by Changarnier

Seems doubtful.  I have an older save game (>1,000 days) that never had the aurora - it was started before there was an aurora.  Since I did want to see the aurora, I started another game where it does show up.   

The reasons why the aurora does not occur in a given save game may be simple or complex, but (imo) fixing that would likely require some kind of manipulation of the save game itself which an update would never do.  My aurora-less game runs okay on the current build except no aurora.  

Maybe something may happen.  I think I would not mind having the aurora appear in that older game (though not being electrocuted is helpful in a way), but I am not hopeful. 

My current run was started way before Errant Pilgrim update. When there was the update, I paused playing my sandbox, played the story and after that went back to sandbox. I had no problem with aurora. I had problem with my planning because I came from Ravine and did not visit the radio tower on my way, so I had to climb back, get the code and go back down.

Lucky enough I had aurora on that same night when I come down with the code (as well as second group of Timber Wolf, who apparently came to revenge the first one I slaughtered from the monkey path. Plus the little surprise inside the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it would be great to integer aurora events in old save games.
I have a old save game (launched before wintermute edition, i think) in which i survived more 500 days in stalker difficulty, but now, i can't access to workshop in bleak inlet map... I'm dissapointed :-( and i dont want start a new game (too long).
Many gamers on steam community reported the same issue.

Resolve this issue will be awesome !!

@Zenen Since we have access to Time Capsule. I am curious whether continuous update of your save could help. You know. Load the game version somewhat higher than was yours and perform save. Then load higher game version and save. Rinse and repeat. I think you don't need all versions, but it could help... maybe. It will cost you a lot of downloads and I don't know your internet connection. But it could work. Anyway backup your original save.

@Changarnier I did the Cannery Workshop when BI came out, I was lucky and only had to wait 1 day to get an Aurora, but I think some had to wait a week to get it. You rarely want one, but what I did to get in the new Aurora Elevator Mine in CH was to bring supplies for a week, then sleep in the day so that I could pass time and break it when I heard the sounds. I was trapped in there because it was a short Aurora, but I could wait it out and was lucky and got an Aurora in 2/3 days.

If you're unsure about what dangers lurk in there and if you're going to make it out alive, maybe not risk your best run? This is basically true for any run - think twice before going into BI at all. This is true for BR, HRV, TWM, MT too, if you're unfamiliar with the region, it's a risk.

A note that all stuff you've dropped outside will now have been swept up into red boxes placed near one of the entrances to each region. This is a valid reason to hesitate firing up a long run after an update - you will have to have the resources to do some haul runs initially, if you want stuff back at the bases you've built.