boy_scout_kevin

Predator Genocide?

Is it possible to completely clear all of the predators in a given area with no chance of respawning? Ferinstance, if I went into Bleak Inlet loaded for bear (so to speak), could I, at least in theory, kill all the damn timber wolves and then be able to wander around with no fear of what has so far been the most irritating death I've experienced in the game?

While it's probably inappropriate to use the word "genocide" in this lax manner, no you can't. Timberwolves have a relatively long respawn timer compared to normal wolves, but they will respawn.

• Upvote 2

Okay, REALLY stupid question here: as of today i have never killed a TW. Can you use their meat etc. after you killed them like "normal" wolves? How many (rifle-) shots does it take to kill a TW?

When you've killed a TW you can harvest them just the same as the regular wolves. I've never taken one down with a rifle though sorry, but I have taken them down with one or 2 shots using the bow. So I'd guess one shot with a rifle will do it, but maybe someone else can confirm that. 

• Upvote 1

When I entered the Bleak Inlet first time and went on monkey path leading to workshop, I had 5 member TW group came to invite me. I had my revolver and I got 4 of them in one shot (each of course). I am not sure how it was possible and why they did not run away, but I guess the aurora effect prevent them from running. I admit, it was pretty unsporty of me. I was on high ground and they were just running bellow without possibility to nible on me.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:43 AM, Lonelyloper said:

When you've killed a TW you can harvest them just the same as the regular wolves. I've never taken one down with a rifle though sorry, but I have taken them down with one or 2 shots using the bow. So I'd guess one shot with a rifle will do it, but maybe someone else can confirm that. 

I actually dropped one one-shot with a rifle. One, out of the several encounters I've had with them. A lucky shot, I'm guessing. Everything else was just pack damage. The experience with the bow is interesting. Maybe I'll go in once I'm armed old-school again...

P.S.: Respect for the The Thing avatar.

Edited by boy_scout_kevin

On 1/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, Alone said:

Okay, REALLY stupid question here: as of today i have never killed a TW. Can you use their meat etc. after you killed them like "normal" wolves? How many (rifle-) shots does it take to kill a TW?

On 1/18/2020 at 5:43 AM, Lonelyloper said:

Can confirm, with the proper amount of rifle skill, and aim. TW are a one shot, and it is easier to one shot with the rifle. But it can also be done with revolver.