QoL improvements

Amazombie

One of the things i really miss now that mods are being done is the qol improvements. So I'd like to see some of them added. I'm sure some modders would even help hinterland if they needed.

1. stacking and rotating objects. so much easier to organize your stash if you can do this

2. shorter reading intervals

3. break down cans for scrap metal

4. clean up ground trash, again, just made things look nicer. 

I like the changes in the current release , the only thing holding me back and using the last one is the mods. So i'd like to see those incorporated and remove that need

• Upvote 3

Guest jeffpeng
13 hours ago, Amazombie said:

1. stacking and rotating objects. so much easier to organize your stash if you can do this

Please.

2. shorter reading intervals

Please.

3. break down cans for scrap metal

Nah. Too easy source of already abundant scrap metal imho. That's not really QoL, that's actually messing with the game's balance.

4. clean up ground trash, again, just made things look nicer. 

Please. I also liked that you could move some chairs / armchairs around / pick them up from the floor and fix broken containers like cabinets and drawers.

In general I really would like so see a few things to make "living" nicer without upsetting game balance. It sometimes gets dull on day 300, so a bit of redecorating would be nice.

Expanding the menu would be nice too, I think. The food pack mod was really well put together, and it didn't increase the amount of food in the game, just changed what was available. 

The Statuettes mod was a nice way to pass time and create decorations, as was finding and playing the guitar and harmonica in the instruments mod. None of these broke or unbalanced the game, but definitely improved the way it was played.