Familiar Interloper Patterns

Ahatch

I started another interloper run as I reached 100 days and starting to get bored with that one. Started me on Forlorn Muskeg way at the far end of the map near Broken Railroad. Made a quick dash for Spence Homestead spent one night then went to Trappers looted ML and now looting Coastal Highway and heading to Desolation Point next. Have to say that I seem to follow the same looting pattern with the eventual destination the forge on the Riken. I know other Interloper players follow a different pattern so let's here yours....

So mine is  Starting Region(Forlorn Muskeg, Timberwolf Mountain , Pleasant Valley) --> Mystery Lake --> Coastal Highway --> Desolation Point

Hushed River Valley and Desolation Point starts for me always end up badly as I either die on the way to Coastal Highway or after a short while there , or I die on Hushed River Valley via cave wolf or hypothermia. 

If I get a FM or HRV spawn, I'll head to ML after a little light looting, then off to the Ravine for the Flare Gun, then it's a dash across the ice in CH and CrH on the way to DP to forge. HRV spawn is really sweet because you can come away with some choice items like a Mackinaw, ear wraps, and boots, as well as hacksaw and bedroll, several boxes of matches, and lots of found food. You also get to loot Milton on the way through MT to ML. If I get lucky and find a hammer in Milton, I change plans and head right to Spence's to forge.

If I get a PV or TWM spawn, I'll loot my way to CH and then head to DP. Good loot on the lake and the Hut in TWM, and the PV loot loop can yield a hammer, hacksaw, matches, and of course, combat pants and/or boots at Signal Hill.

If I get a DP spawn, I'll loot my way through CH and push on through ML to FM, or turn back to DP if I find a hammer in CH. There's a little bit of everything in CH, so I have done the DP>CH>DP spawn-to-forge loop several times with success if RNG blesses me with a CH hammer.

It depends on the spawn region, as well as how soon I can find a hammer and hacksaw. I do prefer to forge at the Riken because you can bring minimal coal and metal, the trailers and mine provide any extra you may need. No cabin fever at Spence's, but you better bring a ton of coal to keep you alive through the night. You do have the wolves to keep you company at Spence's, so there's that. :wolf::fire:

6 hours ago, Ahatch said:

I started another interloper run as I reached 100 days and starting to get bored with that one. Started me on Forlorn Muskeg way at the far end of the map near Broken Railroad. Made a quick dash for Spence Homestead spent one night then went to Trappers looted ML and now looting Coastal Highway and heading to Desolation Point next. Have to say that I seem to follow the same looting pattern with the eventual destination the forge on the Riken. I know other Interloper players follow a different pattern so let's here yours....

So mine is  Starting Region(Forlorn Muskeg, Timberwolf Mountain , Pleasant Valley) --> Mystery Lake --> Coastal Highway --> Desolation Point

Hushed River Valley and Desolation Point starts for me always end up badly as I either die on the way to Coastal Highway or after a short while there , or I die on Hushed River Valley via cave wolf or hypothermia. 

I like to start in timberwolf, so I can figure out whats in store for me, but I will start in PV if Im ontop of skeeters ridge. Otherwise I throw em….But TW-->PV-->CH-->DP-->Ravine-->ML-->FM-->depends....if I feel like I could do some more forgeing, Ill head to the maintence shed along the rail line. If not, mountain town, or now BI.