The trash cans though...

Marandarose18

This is something that depends on loot settings.  On Pilgrim equivalent loot settings, I've found lots of interesting things in the trashcans... includiing items of clothing.   Sticks, charcoal, stones are common, along with the mentioned tinder and, frustratingly, single rose hips (which are worthless since you need 8 of them to contribute to a tea and I've never found 8 loose rose hips in a single run).  On Interloper equivalent loot settings, the trashcans are usually empty... just like most of the cupboards.

Edited by UpUpAway95

5 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

single rose hips (which are worthless since you need 8 of them to contribute to a tea and I've never found 8 loose rose hips in a single run). 

The most annoying find in the game 🤬

Also, who puts stones in trash cans?

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, jhickie said:

the single rosehip, very annoying. I never pick it up.

I think this is a hidden challenge in the game. There are 8 single rosehips stashed in trash cans around the world, and it's your job to find them all and craft the ultimate rosehip tea.

A single rose hip.
A single stick.
Newsprint. (This one is actually a bit on the "realistic" side...)
Food, once I think. But I don't remember what it was. May have been low condition Sardines, because RNJesus like to troll me with those things, often.
Cloth.

Newsprint has been the most common trash can find for me lately. Much better than a single rose hip, for sure. :)