Idea: Crafting Bedroll out of Car Seats

desertedone

I remember he mentioned how you can tear out the car seats to be used. So what if you could cut out the car seats with a knife and can make a bedroll out of it? Requires knife to harvest, must be made at a bench using sewing and car seat material. 

Edited by desertedone
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, desertedone said:

I remember he mentioned how you can tear out the car seats to be used. So what if you could cut out the car seats with a knife and can make a bedroll out of it? Requires knife to harvest, must be made at a bench using sewing and car seat material. 

Sadly as a car mechanic, I can confirm car seats are extremely useless when it comes to a long dark attempt of survival. All the vehicles currently in the long dark, I would believe, have foam inserts underneath the cloth for cushioning.....No fluffy stuff like in the 60's.

I think that the temperatures you expect it to deal with would have some relevance to whether car seats have enough material to form an improvised bedroll. 

IMO, in a warm environment, the car seats may well have enough material to be comfortable bedding, while in freezing conditions that may well be utterly inadequate. The game does not allow someone to separately augment the warmth bonus from a bedroll (excepting the clothing you're wearing) so the possibility of forming a bedroll or rather a pile of things to sleep on is probably true but, in the given environmental circumstances of the game, not particularly useful. 

Whether it be from Car seats or something else. I do think that being able to improvise a bedroll should be possible. In fact, now that we have the community hall with a stage and very large curtains, why not?

Having said that, there are already lots of places to sleep indoors if you don´t have a bedroll, there are even some caves with a "bed" inside.

Edited by MrsHoneypot
extra thought.
  • Upvote 1