Floating Newsprint (Fixed in v.05)

ArrayKnight

Guest Alan Lawrance

Both of those locations are most likely at (0,0,0) -- which is basically the Bermuda Triangle of video games. If you ever find the origin in a game world, you may find all manner of strange things that happen there.

In this case, I have a strong feeling this is related to stackable items (since it's been confirmed for newsprint and matches). My suspicion is that the gear is being orphaned from a container in the scene. So far I've been unable to reproduce, but any further info on this one is appreciated!

Went to dam - no floating loot.

Searched the lockers from screen shot from right to left. First two lockers produced no floating loot. Third locker(one on left) produced floating loot at front door.

float.thumb.JPG.7dca3963bef8857ea3a45c73

locker.thumb.JPG.05ab708d0c101ce963f6e2e

Guest Alan Lawrance

Excellent -- this info is very helpful in narrowing down the root cause. Do you happen to remember if you had newsprint in your inventory prior to entering the dam? Also, when you searched containers did you take or leave any newsprint you found? If you definitely didn't find any newsprint in the lockers, that is useful to know too.

Tested it some more.

Had newsprint in inventory.

If a container had newsprint I took it.

Every locker that had newsprint produced a floating newsprint at front door.(happened three times)

Testing camp office but so far have not had newsprint or matches come from containers so no floating stuff.

Archived