Forging on the Skeg in the new update.

Hi, I've just begun my second Interloper run, its about day seven, I just got out of looting ML, and I decided to head over the Old Spence Homestead to do a bit of forging, nothing big, just decided to gear up a bit now that I'm going to go and loot HRV and the Summer, I got there smoothly, but now with the new Wolves and Fires thing, I'm worried that they'll attack me while I'm making water, breaking down things, or forging. They've been pacing around the barn but haven't taken notice of me, will they attack? Or am I absolutely fine in the barn, and I have nothing to worry about so long as I don't provoke them? Or am I going to have to find someway to reach the forge while still being out of range of the wolves. I was thinking going behind it, but I dunno. Pls help, I don't want to get mauled, I've worked so hard. 

Just keep away from the wall by the safe, have had wolves stick their mouth through it. 

EDIT: The attached route should greatly reduce the risk of attracting their attention, just be extra cautious when you approach mainland and walk the short hill up to the barn.

forlywolfeg.jpg

Edited by manolitodeespana

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:01 AM, jeffpeng said:

Wolves cannot enter Spence's. That one still holds true.

To be precise, they still stop at the invisible barrier on the barn. However, unlike previously, wolves don't flee unless you climb up the ramp to the bed area.

screen_842abc94-8dd8-4c7f-b55f-7aa540e378bb_hi.thumb.png.a1195f7d2cc3cf4075f7dd6b8664a1f3.png

Be careful not to move past the center support pole if they're coming from the broad side of the building. It can trigger a fight if you get too close.

screen_34658cf8-2489-460f-ab46-e2e5cbf6255d_hi.thumb.png.3013f6c6e00cad0dbe09a83ffb35a082.png

Also note that the wolves can clip through the wall now, so don't get too close to the side of the building.

screen_b6193fd8-faba-4381-be3e-a2a03f8ab168_hi.thumb.png.14f987ade3f53942f10d04356eaa832c.png

Guest jeffpeng
20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Also note that the wolves can clip through the wall now, so don't get too close to the side of the building.

Also note that you can throw stones or arrows at them if they do clip through :D 

Guest jeffpeng

Now actually thinking of it .... that's quite the possible exploit right there. Load up on guns, bring your friends (dead rabbits), and from there it's pigeon shooting. Tada, free Wolfskin Coat. (Pretty sure that's how those lyircs went)

Actually @AdminYou guys should have a look at this.

Edited by jeffpeng

This could be a preview of an upcoming change in wolf behaviour.  The episode three has a wolf enter a barn.  The wolf's dead body can be seen on the inside at what looks like a chewed off portion of the barn door.

screen_216b6dd1-d514-46b8-8d18-8a44ed1245b0_hi.thumb.png.a7cefca97d58ce0ede83cb64d69b5f33.png

Locations that offer safe refuge might be on the decline.

The Spence farm might have to be cleared of wolves before any serious forge work can be done.  To clear wolves it might take a "break their moral" session or do it the more hands on approach.  Either way if you want to work in peace you need those wolves gone.

My favorite forge is in Broken Railroad. Though I think there is no coal spawn on the map, so you have to haul it from other maps. Wolfs surrounding the forge can be avoided because you have nice outside room to watch the surrounding activity.  And I just love the Hunting Lodge area. Got a moose there as well.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, jeffpeng said:

(Pretty sure that's how those lyircs went)

Load up on guns, bring your baits
It's fun to run and to pretend
They're all around the homestead
And now I own a wolfskin coat

Hello, hello, hello, how low
Hello, hello, hello

Up the ramp yeah, it's more vicious
Here we are now, growling at us
I feel secure and dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
A rabitto, a wolfino, a buletto, my libido
Yeah

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JMK said:

Load up on guns, bring your baits
It's fun to run and to pretend
They're all around the homestead
And now I own a wolfskin coat

Hello, hello, hello

Up the ramp yeah, it's more vicious
Here we are now, growling at us
I feel secure and dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
A rabitto, a wolfino, a buletto, my libido
Yeah

LOL well done! I need to go hear that now.. 

1 hour ago, acada said:

Im pretty sure the song starts like this: 

So good... I haven't seen that video in a long time. I just spent the last 5 minutes watching this over and over at work and laughing out loud like an idiot.

Reminds me of another good old one..