New craftables ideas

sierra 117

Just a few ideas to expand crafting and gameplay, looking for peoples thoughts or other idea's regarding potential new mechanics/ equipment etc.

So to start im thinking an improved backpack could be a cool addition. Not sure if it would be a lot of work for the devs, but if we were  able to remove the backpack , once we have different types, with varying carry capacity etc. We could have some camp/emergency bags stashed in certain outdoor locations, enabling faster travel when using a lightweight pack. 

Other benefits could be when low stamina /fatigue or just in an emergency being able to drop your pack for a speed boost.(of course you would need to return for your things  later)

Some packs could have built in bonus'. Off the top off my head im thinking maybe, One that could allow carrying more wood, or another could provide safer transportation of meat without scent(better sealed) maybe one that requires bear/moose hide, that has a built in emergency shelter/tent ,at the cost of carry weight etc. 

Of course each would need some con to balance the pro's.

I can already see that being able to drop the backpack in an emergency, could cause issues with current system. I'm sure the devs could find a solution.

First idea that comes to mind to solve this particular issue.Would be some kind of utility belt or something, just so we could select a few key items , that if back pack is dropped then we will still be carrying. And everything else will just be in the pack.

I appreciate this would already require another item, so not sure how easy this would be to implement.

Curious to see other opinions or ideas.

Edited by sierra 117
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

We have the MH Satchel we can craft.  The idea that there could be certain types of packs that carry certain things better is kind of interesting. Not sure if it's too fringe and specific though.  I only mean that even if it's a cool idea to sink that amount of nuance into one small portion of gameplay.  Like some of the thought processes though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dbmurph22 said:

We have the MH Satchel we can craft.  The idea that there could be certain types of packs that carry certain things better is kind of interesting. Not sure if it's too fringe and specific though.  I only mean that even if it's a cool idea to sink that amount of nuance into one small portion of gameplay.  Like some of the thought processes though.

I was just thinking of a tool style pack.....maximum weight is less than that of the normal pack, but will halve all the weight of the tools. Kind of like the clothing you are wearing does currently.

16 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

First idea that comes to mind to solve this particular issue.Would be some kind of utility belt or something, just so we could select a few key items , that if back pack is dropped then we will still be carrying. And everything else will just be in the pack.

Really like the utility belt idea and the possibility of a smooth switch between packs. The belt would be optimal for hunting small game carrying just what you need and still get some room for hides/meat/guts. Also fancy the idea of a smoother system to change gear/inventory depending on purpose, whether you're going foraging, gathering, exploring as you mention. 

Edited by manolitodeespana