desertedone

Moments you just say well this is it and suicide

I think it was in my first n00b games. I somehow found myself between a moose and a bear. The bear was coming after me the moose charged me and then I got broken ribs. The bear gets me and I'm surprised I'm still alive. I got angry and just threw rocks at the bear like he didn't have the courtesy of just finishing me off. And I got my wish. 

Once I spawned on Hushed River Valley on Interloper as a n00b I was like OK well and just jumped off the cliff. 

I do it all the time when I get a bad spawn on interloper. Once I did the "spawn day run" to the top of TWM, and no hacksaw.....yeah, I came tumbling down the mountain.

Bad starts to the game is where I just throw em.

Posted (edited)

I described one recently on another thread.  Top of TWM, overloaded and decided to try to drop some tools over the cliff near the rope.  Got too close to the edge and fell part way down.  Unable to climb back up to the top of the cliff and unable to find a path from where I landed in order to mountain goat down.  Figured I'd rather jump and get it over with than starve or freeze to death.  RIP Will... you should have just used the regular mountain goat route to get all that loot to the bottom.

Edited by UpUpAway95

I used the elevator in Cinder Hills during an aurora...touched one of the cables and got burned. On my way out the aurora subsided and i was trapped.

I managed to survive for 6 days....then the cabin fever kicked in :/

No more food, no waiting, no sleeping...no aurora coming. So i went into the cold water and embraced the long dark.

This was my most "f*****up* death so far. Not going there anytime soon, without huge amounts of supplies ^^

• Upvote 1

Never, if I must die it will be at the hands (or hooves, claws, or paws) of Mother Nature. Never give up, never surrender.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 6:10 AM, MatCap35 said:

This was my most "f*****up* death so far. Not going there anytime soon, without huge amounts of supplies

You clearly have Never been stuck inside a pot with out a hide to get out.

On my first pilgrim run to get acquainted with the controls and general gameplay. I lasted 20 days and was like well this is boring and there's no challenge so I went and jumped off the trestle bridge in the ravine lol

I play Loper and DMC, so if I get a crappy spawn (I'm looking at you, midnight blizzard) I'll just restart. No intentional suicides though, outside of my very first game where I got stuck out behind the Dam (I know) and was going to freeze to death. Did a swan dive off the back wall. Little did I know I was already on the path back to safety.

Also remember getting to the crash site in MT last time I was playing 4DON. It was my goal to make it all the way up there in the Day 4 blizzard, and once I made it, I shot the flare gun Hopeless Challenge style, and jumped into the long dark. It was glorious.

• Upvote 1