Admin

Faithful Cartographer Achievement Locations in The Long Dark [SPOILERS] - Updated w/ Bleak Inlet

To be honest, at this point I don't care about FC anymore, it's just a waste of time to map the locations when either the location spawns and you map it but it doesn't show on the map or the location icon doesn't spawn. No wonder only 0.6% of all STEAM players have this achievement. Bloody waste of time.

Posted (edited)

As stated here (

) I'm at 190/191 locations. Only Frozen Delta in Bleak Inlet won't trigger - even after 30+ charcoals wasted in different positions. This is SO frustrating >.<

EDIT: I finally got it! It's south of the rocks. However - I think it should trigger if you map when the locations shows up in the upper left corner and not elsewhere on the map!

Edited by Arcx

7b079bbc98f722a9be9d1bc3e4414ceb.pngIn Forlorn Muskeg, the check for "To Cave System" is not updating for me. Where am I supposed to stand to get it to appear? 

On 8/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, Flywatt said:

In Forlorn Muskeg, the check for "To Cave System" is not updating for me. Where am I supposed to stand to get it to appear? 

Draw the cave icon to BLEAK INLET.

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I found this thread as there's plenty of good info here.

I started a fresh game to get some achievements done, but faithful cartographer is giving me problems. When I started my fresh game I copied the locations list on a txt file and I checked them as I draw them ingame. In this way I should have been sure I didn't miss any. Now I have checked all locations and I didn't get the achievement done. Is there anyway to know for sure what I'm missing here?

I had no internet connection while playing last week so I played offline in steam. I think this is not a problem to get the achievement, is it? Can you help me please?

Edited by moroco

Today I noticed that in Forlorn Muskeg the abandoned camp near the southeast shortwave tower cannot be maped. I tried to do it twice in two different playing sessions but it's not appearing in my map. This location is not included in the list so I hope it's not necessary to complete the achievement.

They should put all regions locations in the diary as a list so one would know if you've been there or if it's already mapped.

This is fantastic thank you, I have all maps opened up yet telling me I've only explored 97%, seems I'll be visiting the timber-wolves again in bleak inlet lol. Thank you for this it's a great help 😁

39 minutes ago, Dman7815 said:

This is fantastic thank you, I have all maps opened up yet telling me I've only explored 97%, seems I'll be visiting the timber-wolves again in bleak inlet lol. Thank you for this it's a great help 😁

Hehe I really should pay more attention to the journal bit, just noticed it lets one know what maps not got all locations/icons for haha silly me Danielsan 😂

Posted (edited)

Okay I've gone through all the maps now, uncovered everything but on bleak inlet no matter where I stand and how many times it comes up on top left last resort cannery it just won't come up as found and it's the only thing that's stopping getting this achievement, plus trying to dodge timber wolves is getting more than a joke, Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Dman7815

1 hour ago, Dman7815 said:

Okay I've gone through all the maps now, uncovered everything but on bleak inlet no matter where I stand and how many times it comes up on top left last resort cannery it just won't come up as found and it's the only thing that's stopping getting this achievement, plus trying to dodge timber wolves is getting more than a joke, Anyone else having this problem?

Got it hehe.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:55 AM, Dman7815 said:

I know this is an old post and it looks like you finally got credit, but I will mention in case anyone else comes into this thread with a similar question: I also had trouble with the Bleak Inlet Cannery; I mapped it like five times and didn't get credit. What finally worked for me was to climb on top of the large "main gate" and survey from up there. I immediately got credit from this perch.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:33 AM, RichoM said:

Has anyone else had any issues with the ravines end waterfall location not showing up or am I in the wrong place?

I am, right now. I walk all over the area where it's supposed to be and nothing. I don't think it's in the lower frozen delta part, so hopefully I don't get down there and have to walk all the way back.

Map-name.JPG.b4b9c63933847f2f9314668894154896.JPG

In previous versions there was also a location name where some icons existed, but has it been removed recently?

Does it affect getting achievements?

Edited by stmSantana

23 hours ago, Bearly Alive said:

I am, right now. I walk all over the area where it's supposed to be and nothing. I don't think it's in the lower frozen delta part, so hopefully I don't get down there and have to walk all the way back.

Ok, so there's a map floating around on the internet that shows the ravine's end waterfall on the higher area near the exit to the Ravine. It actually is on the lower frozen delta part to the northeast.

Edited by Bearly Alive

So I just got the Faithful Cartographer achievement but it didn't make sense. I was up to 188/191 and after getting the Ravine's End Waterfall the total didn't change. Then I was near the Poacher's Camp in FM and even though I already had the icon I mapped that area anyway. I then went to 189/191 and I got the achievement. Still missing "to cave system" in FM and "valley view point" in HRV. I see valley view point missing, but I have all the caves mapped on FM, so yeah...just weird.