How to avoid the apolalypse wolves

aspiranten

So i think i just found out how to avoid the silly mechanic with morale bar and death defying wolves that never give up.

As soon as you hear the music and the silly bar comes up, save the game. Then load. It goes away.

Tried it twice so far, because i wanted to test how many headshots these zombies actually endure. But they just closed the event and ran away. Alas, its repeatable so far.

I cant edit my own post? Unfortunate. Just saw the spelling error in topic.

Ah well. Can confirm the save & load is repeatable. The lupus demonis just despawns when you load the game again. Easy and great way to escape this annoying new mechanic. Its not fun, challenging, or adding something to the game. Its just downright annoying.

Bears are much more fun. They dont have a data-bar added to them.

There are a great many ways to simply avoid the Timberwolves entirely even, once I figured it out I had no Timberwolf attacks on the last 2 survivors at all.

For the survivor out near the Farmstead for instance...go via barn...with broken sides near the farmstead. Break moral if you have to and then save.

Instead of heading to the outbuildings...head to the right to the main road...and then walk up that all the way to the community center. I wasn't touched at all.

On the one down by the river I just took the direct route in and back and never saw a single Timberwolf.

It's also about keeping an eye out for the nearest Timberwolf and avoiding it/altering path before it sees you. That way they never get close enough to trigger.