Jeremiah’s Rifle

Alexg

I’m replaying the story and In the mission best defence after the Jeremiah cutscene I went to check the rifles condition and it’s no longer in my inventory since that cutscene thought it might be intentional because I’d read somewhere that you end up finding a new one In the hunting lodge but there wasn’t one there and I keeping finding rifle rounds every where Is this a glitch? When I first replayed the redux I still had the rifle 

4 hours ago, Alexg said:

I’m replaying the story and In the mission best defence after the Jeremiah cutscene I went to check the rifles condition and it’s no longer in my inventory since that cutscene thought it might be intentional because I’d read somewhere that you end up finding a new one In the hunting lodge but there wasn’t one there and I keeping finding rifle rounds every where Is this a glitch? When I first replayed the redux I still had the rifle 

Are you playing a time capsule game?  The current version, Jeremiah gives you his rifle during the main questline, and you find a broken bear spear in the hunting lodge instead.  At the end of the main questline you keep his rifle and he keeps the spear.

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Are you playing a time capsule game?  The current version, Jeremiah gives you his rifle during the main questline, and you find a broken bear spear in the hunting lodge instead.  At the end of the main questline you keep his rifle and he keeps the spear.

I didn’t select an option to playing a capsule game and it was never mentioned so no i don’t think so 

I haven't played Episode 2 in a while but did you actually take the rifle?  I don't think it automatically enters your inventory after the cutscene where he talks about Spence and the spear.  I haven't played Episode 2 in a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on specifics.

18 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I haven't played Episode 2 in a while but did you actually take the rifle?  I don't think it automatically enters your inventory after the cutscene where he talks about Spence and the spear.  I haven't played Episode 2 in a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on specifics.

I took the rifle before going to the hydro dam then as I was about to leave for broken railroad it was gone wasn’t in the cabin or on the workbench or my inventory 

• 1 month later...

@EjectedCasings

Really?  I don't remember being able to get it... I mean we received a Rifle, but it wasn't the "Bear Killer" rifle.
If memory serves, the Bear Killer rifle had a bit of a different look to it pre-REDUX:
Hunting_rifle_icon_(story).png.c992c2bd142c3a304d9c2437b7040026.pngThis is the one I remember from the old story mode...
Hunting_rifle_icon.png.789bec05bf5bb1431a7e34bbb483a2bd.pngThis being the "standard model."

Did I miss something?  Is the old Bear Killer still in episode 2?  I could have sworn it was replaced by the quest for the Bear Spear...

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac