What’s the longest anyone has survived and how did you die in the end

Alexg

Survived 97 days cleared ML, MT, FM, BR, CH, PV, and timber wolf Moutan was clearing desolation point Clear day no wind or snow with a rifle 33 rounds wolfskin coat Deer pants rabbit hat and gloves litterally a dream position to be in a bout to forge some arrowhead then a wolf comes from my left attacks me and I failed the struggle coz I was waking with one hand  and on my phone with the other and couldn’t react fast enough RIP

My longest run will forever be 500 days.  Whenever I go that long, I deliberately end it by jumping off the summit of TWM.  Of course, I still have a long way to go to get that far on the more difficult settings... my nemesis being the wolves.

I have seen several much longer runs on Youtube.  Differences in the settings can make a big difference and, IMO, make such comparisons relatively meaningless.

Regardless of whatever difficulty you were playing... congratulations on your accomplishment and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I had a Pilgrim run that went to 1300 days.  I just wanted to get a character to 10 full years survived, not interested in challenge.  But there's only so much "pass time, sleep, pass time, sleep" you can do before you begin to question what you're doing with your life.

• Upvote 1

Don't think Iv made it much further than 100 days.....between real life and forgetting what I did in game, pushing the envelope too far, or some minor incident and then me throwing a temper tantrum over it, I never really seem to get very far.....been getting a hankering for a longer run tho...

My longest run is 317 days on Voyageur. Died when I got careless and got stuck in terrain. I was exploring near the camp office in ML, looking for a way up to the shelf behind the office without using the rope by the lake cabins. I was going down a boulder too recklessly and when I jumped off I got stuck on a very steep slope between the boulder and a tree and couldn't get out. Doh!

717d 18d 28m days on pilgrim right now. Still so many things i want to do with my survivor. Currently he's exploring BI. Learning to make bullets. He's still not brave enough to visit HRV. :rabbit:

My previous survivor made it to day 45 or so. It was the very first time I was in the SE CH area. He broke into ice in CH trying to get to the south eastern part of Misanthropes Home Island. He made it back to the road and the Waterfront Cottages, but I decided he should cut some wood before getting into a cabin to have something for a fire to get dry... not a good idea in wet clothes.

414 days but that was pre save wipe and before cabin fever when you could just eat a venison steak, sleep for a day, and repeat til you ran outta meat,  currently have a 205 day voyageur run that im still very interested in,  have a few more maps to clear then i may consider attempting some loper

Guest jeffpeng

All difficulties should be my old 550 day Stalker way, way back. Didn't really die, but got abandoned since.... yeah, got the 500 days. Didn't have the nerve to do the cartographer thing. Maybe I'll get to that eventually, but if so I wanna do it on Interloper. Because.

If we are talking longest interloper my record is actually 220 or so days, and that one got killed by my SSD dying and taking all my progress with it (also 3 days worth of work for a project I hadn't just committed to git, which amounted to around 1800 euros billable ....). Prompted a quite long hiatus from TLD to be honest :D 

2 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

All difficulties should be my old 550 day Stalker way, way back. Didn't really die, but got abandoned since.... yeah, got the 500 days. Didn't have the nerve to do the cartographer thing. Maybe I'll get to that eventually, but if so I wanna do it on Interloper. Because.

If we are talking longest interloper my record is actually 220 or so days, and that one got killed by my SSD dying and taking all my progress with it (also 3 days worth of work for a project I hadn't just committed to git, which amounted to around 1800 euros billable ....). Prompted a quite long hiatus from TLD to be honest :D 

Id be on PUBG making everyone feel my suffering after that!

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Id be on PUBG making everyone feel my suffering after that!

I must admit I played a lot of Teemo Toplane after that :D 

Loper 600+ day run currently still going. Got all the achievements like Frustrated Cartographer long ago, so doing personal challenges now. Did the "50 Days per Region" challenge recently on this run, and looking for my next challenge. I'm hoping to get to 1000 days on Loper for my first time ever. Pretty well set with main base stashes, tons of water and skins, cattail stores totaling 500+, 3 bows and 50 arrows, 13 boxes of matches still, and plenty of crafting supplies. Been practicing with the new wolfies near my CH base at Fishing Camp. Now focusing on clearing all natural resources from each region, just cleared ML and planning on CH next.

well crap, just bombed a 60 day loper run that was snowballing like an avalanche down a mountain....First timber wolf mountain loot, pleasant valley smack down, coastal highway run, desolation point forging, back to coastal, stuck around for a bit to toy with the bow and get back into the groove, then to ravine, but that's where it ended...First off, I screwed up and didn't bring a rope, so spidermaning my way down almost killed me, luckily Im still alive, got a pinch of life left, still able to walk straight, but Im getting hungry without supply and I need to get some firewood cut up to survive the storm that popped up. But then it happened, that one "no matter what happens, Im dead now." Got food poisoning from a bad can of peaches.

I had antibiotics, so that was not a problem, but I was torn. Use two stims to try and cut up the cedar and fir to make it through the night, or just try and sleep it off......temp in the cave was good, 34F before I got into the bedroll, and I think it was an extra 5.4F? after that. Ontop of that it was middle of the night and the storm was beating down already, so I thought it was the worst it could get. 

Shoulda used the stim packs. Only thing I could think of when I died was "welp, Im going out commando style" I used the only pair of thermal underwear I seen in the entire run to build the snow shelter on day one on TWM. XD