How many secrets in this game?

Yavind

On 12/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, wizard03 said:

I FOUND ONE!!!! I FOUND ONE IN BLEAK INLET!!!!!! 😀

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525473850?t=01h07m35s

This is actually bleak inlet and not coastal highway, and it marks the TW spawns

That is Coastal Highway.  The prominent central island is Misanthrope's Homestead, and the boxed areas are (in order from north to south) Coastal Townsite, random unmarked patch of road, and Waterfront Cottages.

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

That is Coastal Highway.  The prominent central island is Misanthrope's Homestead, and the boxed areas are (in order from north to south) Coastal Townsite, random unmarked patch of road, and Waterfront Cottages.

It's bleak inlet. The bridge just isn't present on the map to the central island. 

One secret I've found is that the pork n' beans is mystery meat, possibly human. It's filled with what "looks like pork" but the ingredients list doesn't even have pork on it. 

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

The boxed areas then correspond with current (normal) wolf spawns? Maybe a clue as to where our next dose of timberwolves will be though?  I seem to recall the last release stated something like timberwolves only being 'currently' found in BI, suggesting that was a bit of a test bed for further roll out.  

8 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Coastal Highway ;)

screenie.png

Yep. And the boxes are where predators tend to "guard", though Waterfront Cottages is usually a bear problem for me, more than wolves. There are some buffer memories that talk about various wildlife, found on different computers throughout the world. Bleak Inlet Lookout was perhaps the "Home Base" for a wildlife research team studying how animals on the Island were adapting after The Collapse? (This idea was part of the inspiration for the short story I wrote and posted in Fan Creations some time ago, long before BI was a "thing"). I don't think I have found all of the buffer memories in Survival mode yet, or completed the Archivist Challenge, but I know you did @ajb1978. Do you recall (or did you screenshot) any of the memories talking about wildlife on the island? (Maybe spoiler tag them if you post them, just in case people have not seen and read all of them yet...)

20 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

well crap. x.x, I was so sold on it marking the timber wolves.

Seriously hope this doesn't mark them moving onto the other maps. >.>