The fastest you've climbed TWM?

manolitode

After a great deal of struggling attempts I made it from spawn to summit in 4hrs10min on loper. Spawned close to the threeway cave and decided to use Dan_'s strategy to move straight there for matches and skip the hut & hacksaw. Realized the clothing I wore was only worth 4 cloth and therefore decided to try and go straight for summit without sleep. Got hypothermia risk early, climbed first rope, strolled through deer clearing, did second rope and had about 45-50% energy left. Entered cave, searched it thoroughly hoping to find a piece of clothing but without luck and exited. So, with about 35% energy left (just a Little bit more than previous attempts) I dropped my stuff til 2.5 kg and started making it up to the first ledge. Took a break there with around 15% energy left. Prepped some rose hips and went for 2nd ledge. Energy was all red before I reached it, but was able to reach it. Made some more hips, grabbed the rope and slooowly pulled myself up and reach the summit. I cried 'horray' and jumped off the nearest cliff. 😀

From a difficulty perspective it's a little disappointing that it was possible to climb all 3 ropes without sleep, I didn't think it would be, nor should be. Nonetheless, without searching the Cave this should be doable in 3-4 hours. 

Edited by manolitodeespana
Clarification

18 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I made the climb up and returned to the hut in under 4 game hours using a bajillion stims and coffee.  I did that so I could see what the mountaineer's hut looked like from the summit when you have 14 storm lanterns going at once.  Then I just goated my way back down, and all of the lanterns were still lit when I arrived so it was definitely under 4 hours.

Screenie taken at the summit, because it was neat.

20190426173348_1.jpg

Jolly idea and what a great view! The fact that they were visible from the summit yet again shows Hinterlands level of ambition. Not gonna ask how long it took you to drag all fully fueled lanterns up the rope from PV/down from summit to the hut.. :) 

5 hours ago, manolitodeespana said:

Not gonna ask how long it took you to drag all fully fueled lanterns up the rope from PV/down from summit to the hut.. :) 

Just two trips. Drop clothes, climb up, drop lanterns, climb down, get dressed, climb up, go to the hut and rest.  And they weren't fully fueled, I did a bit of fishing and filled them on site.