Best Interloper "Retirement Home"

Guest jeffpeng

For Interloper, the Ravine/Carter Hydro Dam is the best choice in my opinion until you're so desperate for resources you need to start beachcombing. And considering the amount of resources in the Dam, that's likely to be never.

Assuming you've done the maps and looted anything not nailed down, retiring to the Ravine with about thirty rabbit snares should generate far more calories than you'll ever need. Each day, you go out and check your snares, gather wood, return to your cave and harvest rabbits. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum. Once enough snares are broken, craft new ones over at Carter Hydro Dam.

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 2:03 PM, Milany said:

But beware there are two very tall rope climbs to get back out  to the other zones,  so if you like to move and haul all your stuff with you, its going to be a long, slow process!   If you travel light, then no worries there.

Are you aware of the cave the exits BI and takes you to FM? That's my preferred way to come and go from BI now that I've looted the upper area of the level and got the code for the workshop. This avoids the rope climbs and takes you to the nearby forge in FM. 

Haven't tried Interloper, but on Voyager, for me its probably the PV farmstead. Lots and lots of deer nearby for you to shoot, Loads of room to put stuff, crafting bench, the covered porch. Even in early game, lots of loot and nearby spots to hit up. Connects to other good spots to hit up as well, like TWM or CH. My only gripe is that on harder difficulties and later in the game the weather sucks, but on a good weather day you might be able to get 3-4 deer and haul them in. Some good firewood nearby as well. Other than that, Trappers is nice because of its seclusion and the abundant rabbit and deer spawns fairly close nearby. Haven't tried Ravine, though the lack of wolves sounds like a huge plus. With a large supply of food you could probably hole up there for a long time.